Author Topic: Bucs-Cowboys opener begins with Black national anthem  (Read 503 times)

Offline EdinVA

Bucs-Cowboys opener begins with Black national anthem
« on: September 10, 2021, 01:51:30 am »
The Black national anthem was played ahead of the NFL’s first game of the season between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday night.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bucs-cowboys-black-national-anthem

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Bucs-Cowboys opener begins with Black national anthem
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 01:54:20 am »
From what I read, the black anthem will be played at all NFL games.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 02:11:23 am »
I'm not sure why they want to destroy the NFL, but I want no part of it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 02:15:42 am »
I haven't watched a single down of NFL football in three years and don't expect i will ever again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 02:26:48 am »
Please tell me that some player took a knee.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 02:30:17 am »
Saw a Tweet today where less than 500 fans watched Pittsburg Pirates v. Detroit Tigers game in Pittsburg yesterday.

Yeah, these are two crap teams, but when MLB has that small a draw?  There's more behind the scenes than bad teams.   I am betting the game has lost 30-40% of its hard core fan base for SJW bs.  Game is circling the drain, and I really don't give a sh__.

Let's watch early NFL attendance.  I wouldn't be shocked either, if some sparse crowds are evident.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 02:31:32 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NFL kicks off season with ‘black national anthem’ before Bucs-Cowboys opener
September 10, 2021 | Chris Donaldson

The National Football league kicked off the new season on Thursday night in Tampa with the playing of two national anthems, sending a message to America that the divisive “woke” politics that have taken over professional sports are here to stay.

Fans in attendance at Raymond James Stadium to watch the Tampa Bay Buccaneers launch their title defense along with a national television audience were treated to the singing of “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” also known as the black national anthem, before the “Star-Spangled Banner,” a fulfillment of a commitment by the league to promote the social justice cause.

The song, which was performed by Alicia Keys along with the Florida A&M University Concert Choir, was broadcast on NBC as announcer Mike Tirico informed viewers that “it will happen at several league events during the year,” a fact that was first reported this summer by Front Office Sports when a source told the site that the NFL was “bringing back a lot of elements from last year,” and that it would be a feature of major events including the season opener.

The real national anthem was performed by Michelle Williams who delivered a soulful rendition of the cherished traditional song that has recently been deemed as an ode to white supremacy by some on the race-obsessed left who have demanded that it be replaced entirely.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/09/10/nfl-kicks-off-season-with-black-national-anthem-before-bucs-cowboys-opener-1132182/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Are we going to keep on rehashing this old story again and again for every game?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 08:18:15 pm »
I have become uninterested in the NFL, not because of the woke stuff (although that doesn't help), but because the games are too predictable. We watched the game because my wife still enjoys watching them, but I was pretty much checked out and barely noticed the play. The uncalled offensive pass interference during the Bucs game winning drive was a good example of why I have become uninterested: some players and by extension teams have become too big to fail, and therefore get breaks from the refs during the game. So of course Brady and the Bucs were able to pull off a last minute drive to kick a game winning field goal: everyone expected them to, and the NFL doesn't want to disappoint the fans. Or the bettors.
Let it burn.

Offline Idiot

Are we going to keep on rehashing this old story again and again for every game?
Yup...sure are!   :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2021, 08:48:27 pm »

The entire first page of posts on this professional sports threads are all members showing us their virtue-signaling asses...telling us how they haven't watched and don't intend to watch.

Brady was amazing...as usual!   And the Cowboys are currently in last place. :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2021, 08:50:15 pm »
Blacks are around 10% of the population. Hispanics around 20% give or take. Asians around 7%. Which doesn't even account for the dozens of ethnic groups here in the US.

Please tell me then why blacks are supposed to be put on a pedestal as the top of the caste system, and the rest of us required to hang on their every word?
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2021, 09:16:20 pm »

That's mighty white of the commissioner.

Only in America, can a US Senator's son, born into white privilege, preach down to a deplorable, such as myself, about race relations.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2021, 09:18:28 pm »
Blacks are around 10% of the population. Hispanics around 20% give or take. Asians around 7%. Which doesn't even account for the dozens of ethnic groups here in the US.

Please tell me then why blacks are supposed to be put on a pedestal as the top of the caste system, and the rest of us required to hang on their every word?

My guess is because of the George Floyd incident, BLMer's, Antifa and a black ex-president who is pulling the strings.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2021, 09:24:08 pm »
My guess is because of the George Floyd incident, BLMer's, Antifa and a black ex-president who is pulling the strings.

Or just plain old black supremacy. Black Panther style revived and regurgitated from the 60's.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2021, 09:26:32 pm »

The entire first page of posts on this professional sports threads are all members showing us their virtue-signaling asses...telling us how they haven't watched and don't intend to watch.

Versus you, who claims to be a conservative but still  enables the SJW babble by supporting professional sports.

Can't have it both ways big guy.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 09:31:15 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2021, 09:54:37 pm »

Brady was amazing...as usual!   And the Cowboys are currently in last place. :beer:

And I still don't GAF!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 10:44:57 pm »

I caught a little bit of the game. Not too much, because I'm bored with Brady and have made no secret of it. But that reminds me... I do need to put together the football thread for 2021.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2021, 02:34:07 am »

Cowgirls lost?  Sweet.  Thanks for letting me know.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-