Author Topic: Would You Have Stormed The Cockpit?  (Read 106 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Would You Have Stormed The Cockpit?
« on: September 10, 2021, 02:57:01 pm »
 Would You Have Stormed The Cockpit?

As we near another anniversary of that dark September day, don't just remember the heroes of Flight 93. Strive to be like them.

By Kylee Zempel
September 10, 2021

I remember many things from when I was five years old — losing teeth, watching “Leave It To Beaver” with my babysitter, giggling as one of my classmates went to the principal’s office for dumping a little carton of chocolate milk on his head. September 11, 2001, is one of the things I can’t. Despite its shock and significance, it’s a memory I just can’t pull.

Vivid, however, is my memory of the first time I hauled my mom’s 9/11 coffee table book out of its dusty nook and saw the picture of the falling man. That’s an image you can’t unsee, and as a youngster whose only concept of the terror attack was that some plane hit some building, that photograph immediately instilled the gravity of what those events meant for the 3,000 people on whose tombstones is engraved September 11, 2001, and the millions more whose lives will never be the same.

I also remember in great detail the time I visited the memorial near Shanksville, Pennsylvania, looking out over the field where Flight 93 went down. I listened through the phones mounted onto the visitors’ center wall to the final words of men and women who should still be speaking today, and I pored over the timeline of events trying to imagine what it would have been like to be aboard the aircraft and to experience the wave of realization that there would be no exit and that my final moments would be spent in horror with strangers.

Those tactile experiences from my youth and adolescence left me with heavy questions. Why would a man jump out the window? I wondered. Why would someone storm the cockpit?

It’s that second scenario, of the plane that didn’t strike the Twin Towers but went down in the middle of an empty field, that I think about most. Now that I’m older and can grasp the circumstances, I better understand why someone would storm the cockpit. The weightier question now is: Would I have?

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/09/10/would-you-have-stormed-the-cockpit/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Would You Have Stormed The Cockpit?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 04:39:42 pm »
Yes. You're dead anyway. If you win the fight and the plane can still be controlled you have a long shot at landing it somewhere and having some survivors.

Besides, before the TSA made us all "safe" I would have had at least one knife on my person.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 05:14:35 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 04:41:33 pm »
Anything would be better than sitting still, waiting for the inevitable impact.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 05:08:48 pm »
Todd Beaman, and his "Let's Roll" plan on Flight 93 is a true tale of American heros. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 05:22:38 pm »
Yes.  Or died trying.