Author Topic: How to Prepare for COVID (and How Not To)  (Read 294 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How to Prepare for COVID (and How Not To)
« on: September 08, 2021, 12:58:04 pm »
September 8, 2021
How to Prepare for COVID (and How Not To)
By Robert Jones

As I write this, both my wife and I have COVID. My wife came down with COVID symptoms approximately two weeks ago. My symptoms started approximately a week ago. Our diagnoses were confirmed at a local clinic.

Both my wife and I are unvaccinated. This is because we believed that we would inevitably catch COVID, and we wanted to prepare in the best way possible for that eventuality rather than rely upon an endless series of COVID "vaccines" with limited effectiveness and unknown side effects. Also, we wanted to live the remainder of our lives not in fear of catching COVID, but with natural immunity to that disease.

The purpose of this article is to discuss — from a layperson's perspective — how we prepared for COVID and what we could have done better in that regard.

It is widely recognized that early treatment is key with COVID. What this means is that everyone needs to know ASAP whether he has it. Unfortunately, we could have done much better in that regard. When my wife started having COVID-like symptoms, we looked for COVID testing sites but found that they were far away; overloaded; or using the PCR test, which takes three to five days (at least at our local testing sites) for a result.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/09/how_to_prepare_for_covid_and_how_not_to.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: How to Prepare for COVID (and How Not To)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 01:16:14 pm »
Well, I'm estimating that the writer wasted a day or two from first onset of symptoms chasing test kits and clinical verification.

That only allows the disease to progress.

I would have started treatment right away (you can always stop the course if the diagnosis is not COVID), to limit the progress of the virus.
If it was not COVID, the treatment protocol provides some prophylaxis against the virus.
If it was COVID, then they'd be ahead of the curve, limiting the amount of damage it can do.

Zelenko had great success with his patients in preventing hospitalization by administering the protocol at the first onset of symptoms.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 03:07:47 pm »
Well, I'm estimating that the writer wasted a day or two from first onset of symptoms chasing test kits and clinical verification.

That only allows the disease to progress.

I would have started treatment right away (you can always stop the course if the diagnosis is not COVID), to limit the progress of the virus.
If it was not COVID, the treatment protocol provides some prophylaxis against the virus.
If it was COVID, then they'd be ahead of the curve, limiting the amount of damage it can do.

Zelenko had great success with his patients in preventing hospitalization by administering the protocol at the first onset of symptoms.

The main gist of the story is how Doctors, who knew better, consistently refused to prescribe and administer the drugs to treat the early-onset infections.  They did not waste days, the medical bureaucracy did that, and had the author not been aggressive at seeking treatment, they may not have survived.

One cannot use Zelenko regimen if one cannot obtain the components.  IOW, the liberals are still jacking the people around, especially in the deep blue states. Even Nevada wasn't as rotten to the core as Washington still is.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 03:08:46 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 03:37:28 pm »
That's like playing Russian roulette with two bullets in the revolver.  Good luck with that.  Hope you can find a close hospital that has enough free capacity to admit you, and has some mono-clonal anti-bodies on hand.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 05:26:08 pm »
The main gist of the story is how Doctors, who knew better, consistently refused to prescribe and administer the drugs to treat the early-onset infections.  They did not waste days, the medical bureaucracy did that, and had the author not been aggressive at seeking treatment, they may not have survived.

One cannot use Zelenko regimen if one cannot obtain the components.  IOW, the liberals are still jacking the people around, especially in the deep blue states. Even Nevada wasn't as rotten to the core as Washington still is.
Knowledge is power.

Keep in mind that Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine are just two of the ionophores for zinc.

The former is readily available at feed stores if you don't mind treating yourself like Mr. Ed. (it worked for me, but I've always been a bit of a neighsayer. :laugh:)
The latter is hard to get even if you have a pre-COVID prescription for Lupus or RA, as a relative found out when she went to get a 90 day prescription renewed, and they would only give her 30 days worth and made her get another prescription for the other 60. That goes right up the pharmaceutical food chain, as the drug was never in short supply. So, yes, I blame all those a$$h*le$ for that situation.

I hold the Medical Establishment responsible, from the top dogs who deny the off-label use and threaten the rest, who cave to the threats of loss of license or practice, especially when there seems to be an incredibly abundant lack of courage to prescribe drugs shown to be beneficial. People who have put years of their lives into getting the chops to practice medicine aren't willing to risk that investment of self, time, and money, especially when they are looking to make that pay off in the long run.

But there are other ionophores which will get the job done, and get the vital zinc into the cells to fight the virus.

These are available OTC, and Dr. Zelenko listed them in his protocol as well.
https://vladimirzelenkomd.com/treatment-protocol/

If you are prepared, you don't just sit on your keester and think about going to buy mousetraps, you have a couple on hand.
You don't buy a rifle and just think about buying ammo, you get some.
I have enough on hand for six more courses of the protocol, I have used two. The second time, I was in denial because I figured I'd had it once, and on the second day of symptoms started rather than the first as I did the first time. The second time I was a bit more miserable, with a lot more congestion and took a little longer to shake it off (about a week to be back up to snuff). My work does not bring me into direct contact with people, so I kept working 12 hour days the whole time, just hacked up a lot of crap. The fever broke the second day of treatment. I haven't sweat like that since I was cutting tobacco. This is why I say that treatment as first onset of symptoms is essential to a good outcome with a minimum of misery. Keep in mind I didn't bother to go get tested either time, so I cannot say with absolute lab-grade certainty that it was COVID, but I'm the type who gets maybe one cold a decade, and does not get the flu (or the shot), so I'm reasonably certain I didn't just have a cold or the flu. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 05:31:00 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 06:05:16 pm »
Knowledge is power.

Keep in mind that Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine are just two of the ionophores for zinc.

The former is readily available at feed stores if you don't mind treating yourself like Mr. Ed. (it worked for me, but I've always been a bit of a neighsayer. :laugh:)

AYUP.

I am finally done with the ass flavored ivermectin... Now all I have left is the apple flavor... which tastes like ass with a hint of apple.

But there's three cases down at the barn, and I have half a grocery bag of em right here.

Brother over in TN came down with it. Fortunately he picked up some Ivermectin while he was out here, and started treatment immediately... His encounter (and that of his whole family) lasted six days and over. Light fever, no trouble. Just an inconvenient quarantine where all involved had minimal symptoms. Loss of taste was the only real and prolonged discomfort.

And now they are immune.

And we have also kept up the fire cider through this year. What keeps other virii at bay cannot be a bad thing to use for this one. Fire Cider has been beating the flu since ancient times.

So ivermectin prophylactic if heading into crowds or travel
Ivermectin as treatment if symptoms occur.

Vit B, C, D, zinc.
and a shot of fire cider daily.

So far, all of us that got it, got it light, and even those with co-morbidities. Seems to be the way to go.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 05:47:42 am »
Apples are high in quercetin, so the flavonoids in the fire cider may be loading your cells with zinc (quercetin is an ionophore for zinc, and will get it where it will help resist COVID).

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 12:22:58 pm »
From Macon County (Missouri)  Health Dept.:

I don't know what Pepcid does for you. Whatever its benefit, I wonder if Prilosec would work as well.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 03:24:03 pm »
From Macon County (Missouri)  Health Dept.:

I don't know what Pepcid does for you. Whatever its benefit, I wonder if Prilosec would work as well.
Interesting. Dr Kauffman has repackaged the Zelenko regimen with some old-school patient care.

Quercetin: Zinc ionophore, an OTC substitute for HCQ or Ivermectin--.  (5 day duration)

Zinc supplementation These two are key to inhibiting viral replication.(also 5 day duration).

Pepcid:
... contains famotadine, a H2 Histamine blocker useful in stopping heartburn, but also has shown promise in preventing Cytokine Responses https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7673069/pdf/11_2020_Article_1422.pdf which are considered to be one of the real killers in late stage COVID. (The immune system runs amok, attacking healthy cells, accounting for diffuse blood clots in the lungs noted in many victims).  In Zelenko's regimen, the macrolide antibiotics had that effect, even though it is idiopathic, of keeping the immune system from running wild and destroying healthy cells. The antibiotics also guarded against opportunistic infections, which pepcid, unfortunately, will not do. (While the paper cited is nearly a year old and assumes zoonotic origins as opposed to lab creation, that tidbit is irrelevant here: the important part is the effects of the pathogen and mitigation thereof.)

@mountaineer No, Prilosec works differently (proton pump inhibitor), and would not have the same effect as Pepcid (H2 histamine blocker). If you suffer from non-erosive GERD (without an Heliobacter pylori infection) Prilosec has been shown to be superior for that condition. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15943841/

In this case, however, the strategy is to keep the immune system from running amok, ("Cytokine Storm"), which can be lethal, and the Pepcid is the medication which will accomplish that best of the two.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next part: Getting the crud out:

Mucinex: to loosen phlegm and keep the lungs clear (some coughing required to remove the secretions).

"Tummy time": This used to be called "postural drainage", using body position to help move mucous out of the deeper reaches of the lungs into the bronchioles where it can be expelled. By changing position (back, side, stomach, other side), and even adopting a slight head down posture, that drainage of pulmonary secretions is enhanced, and gravity works for you.

Deep breathing and walking. Deep breathing opens the lungs, and will help keep secretions from pooling. Yep, there will be coughing involved. Don't suppress that, you want to get that gunk out. Walking will increase the need for oxygen, which will get your body to breathe deeper, and to push more phlegm out of your lungs, and also has the effect of reducing the likelihood of a DVT (blood clots in the legs from inactivity).

Not only is phlegm removal essential to pulmonary function, the more dead cells and mucous you cough out, the less the body has to clean up, and the absence of pools of mucous in your lungs reduces the availability of micro environments for opportunistic bacterial infections to take hold in your respiratory system.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASA: acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin), "low dose". Ordinary dosages of aspirin are 325mg, this is the low dose intended to prevent clotting, especially DVT (deep vein thrombosis), which walking will also help to prevent.

Omega-3 supplement: also has effects on the immune system, but in concert with Vitamin C reduces bronchoconstriction in athletes (and others) with asthma. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/bye/rQoPWwoRrXS9-i-wudNgpQDxudhWudNzlXNiZip9Ei7ym67VZRCnxR4VFR0VA6h9Ei4L3BUgWwNG0it. and https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17412579/ Omega-3 supplementation has shown a wide variety of positive effects, especially in an aging population.

B vitamins: Energy. In a nutshell.

Potassium rich foods:

There has been observed hypokalemia (low potassium levels) in COVID patients, and this electrolyte imbalance can have severe results. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7781399/ (some interesting links in the references for further reading)
Potassium rich foods will help prevent those low levels which especially would adversely affect heart function.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional commentary:

In a word, BRILLIANT! Kudos to Dr Kauffman!

With common supplements and no need whatsoever for prescription medication, this covers every strategic function in the Zelenko regimen with the addition of some old-school methodology for congestion control and the antibacterial effects of the macrolide antibiotics. (Postural drainage was one of the things used against pneumonia in the days before antibiotics, to help clear the lungs--{Yes, I read old medical texts from pre-WWII, because with antibiotic resistance growing, or in the event they were not available, we might be back to that.}

Since then, we have become reliant on the magic bullet--absent in viral diseases, as a rule--to kill off the infection, and in clinical settings patients are commonly only elevated or lowered while maintaining a dorsal down posture, which may be less beneficial to the patient for the purposes of expelling accumulating mucous loads in the lungs than being able to lay on their sides and stomach for short periods to help drain mucous from the lungs.)

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 04:03:30 pm »
I'm just getting over the Rona. Got it from the teenage Grandkids or our Son (who got it from them). I'm not Vaxed and my immune system kicked its ass. It was nothing more than felling like I had a summer cold. At the 1st sign  I treated it with vitamins, aspirin and equal amounts of alcohol and exercise. Whiskey to help me sleep at night and exercise in the morning to keep the flehm from sitting in my chest and lungs. I'm not a doctor but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express so take my treatment regime as you will.  Some peoples bodies are better equipped to fight the bug than others.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2021, 05:00:55 pm »
I'm just getting over the Rona. Got it from the teenage Grandkids or our Son (who got it from them). I'm not Vaxed and my immune system kicked its ass. It was nothing more than felling like I had a summer cold. At the 1st sign  I treated it with vitamins, aspirin and equal amounts of alcohol and exercise. Whiskey to help me sleep at night and exercise in the morning to keep the flehm from sitting in my chest and lungs. I'm not a doctor but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express so take my treatment regime as you will.  Some peoples bodies are better equipped to fight the bug than others.
Just a guess, but do you eat a lot of red meat?
(primary dietary source of zinc).

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 05:32:29 pm »
Just a guess, but do you eat a lot of red meat?
(primary dietary source of zinc).

Been on Adkins for two years so At least 3X a week. Then chicken and a fish. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.