Author Topic: Sen. Klobuchar Says She Had Breast Cancer; Doing Well  (Read 233 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sen. Klobuchar Says She Had Breast Cancer; Doing Well
« on: September 09, 2021, 03:02:23 pm »
Sen. Klobuchar Says She Had Breast Cancer; Doing Well
Newsmax, Sep 9, 2021

Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar announced Thursday that she has been treated for breast cancer that was found in February and the treatment “went well.”

Klobuchar, 61, tweeted that the cancer was detected during a routine mammogram, and eventually she had a lumpectomy to remove the cancer. She said she completed radiation treatment in May, and a checkup in August found she was doing well.

Klobuchar is early in her third term. She was first elected in 2006 and easily won reelection twice against little-known opponents.

For Democrats, Klobuchar's health update was a fresh reminder of their fragile hold on the Senate, which they control by a single vote. Klobuchar's announcement made no explicit statement on her future, but said the cancer “gave me renewed purpose to my work.”

Klobuchar said her cancer was stage 1A, meaning it had not spread beyond the breast. She said she felt fortunate to have caught it early because she had delayed her mammogram because of the pandemic. She urged Americans not to delay health screenings.

https://www.newsmax.com/amp/us/klobuchar-cancer-senate/2021/09/09/id/1035665/?__twitter_impression=true

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Sen. Klobuchar Says She Had Breast Cancer; Doing Well
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 03:05:15 pm »
So she is actually  Blaming the Covid Pandemic on her cancer.  Nice Amy.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 03:20:02 pm »

Actually, a lot of people have had their routine health screenings, for a lot of things, delayed because of COVID.  This should be a wakeup call to her about the true dangers of the hysterical over-response to COVID-19, and that fact that it could very easily have cost her her life if she had continued to delay because of COVID.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 03:50:30 pm »
I don't like her extreme leftist views and votes, and she may have the brains of a cranberry, but I wish her well.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 04:28:50 pm »
Actually, a lot of people have had their routine health screenings, for a lot of things, delayed because of COVID.  This should be a wakeup call to her about the true dangers of the hysterical over-response to COVID-19, and that fact that it could very easily have cost her her life if she had continued to delay because of COVID.

Exactly right.

Also, I hope she continues to do well, anywhere other than the Oval Office.  :laugh:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline verga

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 04:51:42 pm »
I don't like her extreme leftist views and votes, and she may have the brains of a cranberry, but I wish her well.
QFT
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 05:06:47 pm »
Exactly right.

Also, I hope she continues to do well, anywhere other than the Oval Office.  :laugh:

I don't think she should hold any public office (like US Senator), but that's just me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 05:23:59 pm »

Many such elective tests and surgeries were deferred by people, resulting in needless suffering and even some deaths. Klobuchar drew a lucky straw on this.

I don't know how Cranberrian Americans would view your comment, but I too hope she fully recovers.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 06:55:17 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 05:30:41 pm »
A lot of people, apparently, have delayed treatment or more routine medical examinations which has caused a problem for those fighting cancer.

COVID has been the excuse for more people to NOT do their jobs (if they could even keep them) than anything else in my lifetime.

Between the fear of getting sick, and the overloaded medical system (laying off workers), COVID has reduced the quality of routine care. Likely, if someone is in Congress, the care they are getting is orders of magnitude  better than the average person.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 08:40:50 pm »
I certainly wish her a speedy and full recovery.

As for the effect of Covid on medical screenings and elective surgeries, I can attest that I would not have done very well if I hadn't been able to get my hip replacement in late February, 2020 - just before everything shut down. My pain was excruciating, and I cannot imagine going another year without what for me was not "elective" but essential.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org