Author Topic: National Archives Slaps ‘Harmful Content’ Warning On Constitution, All Other Founding Documents  (Read 926 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

National Archives Slaps ‘Harmful Content’ Warning On Constitution, All Other Founding Documents
The Federalist, Sep 8, 2021

The National Archives Records Administration placed a “harmful content” warning on the Constitution, labeling the governing document of the United States as “harmful or difficult to view.” The warning applies to all documents across the Archives’ cataloged website, including the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence.

“NARA’s records span the history of the United States, and it is our charge to preserve and make available these historical records,” the administration said in a statement. “As a result, some of the materials presented here may reflect outdated, biased, offensive, and possibly violent views and opinions. In addition, some of the materials may relate to violent or graphic events and are preserved for their historical significance.”

The NARA, which is responsible for preserving and protecting documentation of American heritage, noted that so-called harmful historical documents could “reflect racist, sexist, ableist, misogynistic/misogynoir, and xenophobic opinions and attitudes; be discriminatory towards or exclude diverse views on sexuality, gender, religion, and more,” and “include graphic content of historical events such as violent death, medical procedures, crime, wars/terrorist acts, natural disasters and more.”

Along with committing to diversity and equity, the NARA said it would “[work] in conjunction with diverse communities, [and] seek to balance the preservation of this history with sensitivity to how these materials are presented to and perceived by users.”

More:  https://thefederalist.com/2021/09/08/national-archives-issues-harmful-content-warning-on-constitution-all-other-founding-documents/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Some people need to find out how it is to live on unemployment.

Oh, wait, you can't draw unemployment benefits if you are fired for cause.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Kamaji

Offline EdinVA

Right out of the Hitler/ISIS handbook....

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
National Archives Now Listing Constitution, Declaration of Independence With ‘Trigger Warning’

by Jonathan Davis
about an hour ago

Digital copies of Americans’ founding documents, in addition to others of historical nature in the online catalog of the National Archives, now come with “trigger warnings” to alert readers that they could contain what some consider to be “harmful language.”

The changes appear to be tied to the release, without fanfare, of a report from a National Archives racism task force that recommended the department provide “context” for all historical materials, the Daily Wire reported.

“Digital copies of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, most notably, now feature a ‘Harmful Language Alert,” which appears at the top of the page, and directs users to a National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) statement on “potentially harmful content,'” the outlet continued.

The agency does not say why the Constitution, Bill of Rights, or the Declaration were included in the warning. However, the NARA statement points to documents and historical materials as including “harmful language” when:

more
https://trendingpolitics.com/national-archives-now-listing-constitution-declaration-of-independence-with-trigger-warning/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Woke has Penetrated the deepest recesses of this land when our founding documents are suspect

This is a deliberate and ominous attempt to replace them with what are considered more favorable documents.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

Woke has Penetrated the deepest recesses of this land when our founding documents are suspect

This is a deliberate and ominous attempt to replace them with what are considered more favorable documents.
Freedom is harmful to "wokeism"*
*(AKA: totalitarian bullshit)

Who knew?  :shrug:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I call this treason, sedition, and insurrection.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This is from the Bee.  Right?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sorry! No cigar! @Wingnut

It's hard living in these strange times. @Bigun
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

You're telling me??? @Wingnut

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

It's also strange living in hard times.

And those times are coming unless more of us wake the hell up, and soon.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It's also strange living in hard times.

And those times are coming unless more of us wake the hell up, and soon.

:yowsa: pointing-up

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Gee, folks...

Is it time for that "New Continental Congress" yet...?

Offline Smokin Joe

Just think how hard it is for folks who write satire to stay ahead of reality. :shrug: :patriot:

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is satire,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Well, we should slap 'Harmful Content' on the Congress and Biden as it truly is to us Americans.

Every time Nancy or Joe gets on TV there should be that warning on bottom scrolling
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

Well, we should slap 'Harmful Content' on the Congress and Biden as it truly is to us Americans.

Every time Nancy or Joe gets on TV there should be that warning on bottom scrolling
Like this?

"WARNING: This speech contains incontinent prevarication. Some viewers may be highly offended. Please remove all potential significant missiles from reach. This station is not responsible for any damage to your TV set."

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

@Right_in_Virginia

How is it possible those loons still have jobs?
In a sane world, they would not. The world has not been sane for at least he last 13 years.

C S Lewis

@Right_in_Virginia

How is it possible those loons still have jobs?

They're effective servants of the Marxists @sneakypete