Author Topic: Anchors away! Biden purges Trump appointees from Naval, Air Force academies, West Point  (Read 658 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Anchors away! Biden purges Trump appointees from Naval, Air Force academies, West Point
NY Post, Sep 8, 2021

President Biden is firing all military academy board members appointed by former President Donald Trump — regardless of their qualifications — in a purge drawing stiff pushback because their terms were supposed to last three years.

Six presidential appointees on each academy board — 18 people in total — were told to resign by 6 p.m. Wednesday or be fired.

“I think this complete purge shows that the administration is hellbent on the woke mob controlling or having input into military education. Otherwise, why do it?” said one of the board members, who pointed out that Trump didn’t perform a similar purge.

“This is why this is such a big deal: historically it has never been done. ‘Unprecedented’ is a word you could use here,” the board member said.

More:  https://nypost.com/2021/09/08/biden-fires-trump-trio-from-naval-academy-board/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Anchors away! Biden purges Trump appointees from Naval, Air Force academies, West Point

Isn't that amazing, just the thing you would expect from a person with dementia, along with all the politically correct stuff he has done to America's detriment.  Doesn't that also mean China and Russian and world jihad has dementia too? Just like Joe?  They advance the cause of political correctness too.  Yah know i was walking across the lawn the other day and stumbled, that means you can't blame me for anything either!  Except i think i caught bill and hills amnesia and can't remember.  Double innocence!
 :silly: :silly: :silly: :smokin: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Me and Joe laughing, and we ain't gonna tell yah why!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 05:35:12 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breaking from ‘Presidential Norms’, Biden Demands of Trump’s Military Board Appointees Resign or Be Dismissed

Legal Insurrection by Leslie Eastman 9/9/2021

In response, former Trump advisor Kellyanne Conway suggests Biden resign.

The Biden administration has asked 12 officials appointed to military service academy advisory boards by former President Donald Trump to resign or be dismissed.

The officials asked to resign include prominent former Trump officials like former White House press secretary Sean Spicer, former senior counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway and former national security adviser H.R. McMaster. They were appointed to the advisory boards of the Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and West Point respectively.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Wednesday afternoon confirmed the request had been made.

“The President’s objective is what any president’s objective is — to ensure you have nominees and people serving on these boards who are qualified to serve on them and who are aligned with your values. And so yes, that was an ask that was made,” Psaki told reporters at a White House briefing.

Psaki added: “I will let others evaluate whether they think Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer and others were qualified, or not political, to serve on these boards, but the President’s qualification requirements are not your party registration, they are whether you’re qualified to serve and whether you’re aligned with the values of this administration.”

This move breaks from the tradition of appointees from previous administrations being allowed to serve all three years of their appointments to the military service academies.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/09/breaking-from-presidential-norms-biden-demands-of-trumps-military-board-appointees-resign-or-be-dismissed/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Doug Collins
@RepDougCollins
·
1m
So Joe Biden fired former Trump appointees last night, but he doesn’t have the guts to fire Defense Secretary Austin or General Milley for the disaster in Afghanistan?

This man is more obsessed with Donald Trump than he is with protecting Americans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

The precedent has been set. If the feckless cowardly GOP is free to do the same, if they can overcome voter fraud, the next time they assume office. Top to bottom.

Dream on.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Psaki defends move to oust Trump appointees from military academy boards

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Thursday defended the Biden administration’s decision to oust a handful of Trump appointees from military academy advisory boards, and also took a shot at some of those stripped of their positions who "supported an insurrection."

“We’re confident in our legal abilities here,” Psaki said during an appearance on CNN Thursday morning, offering confidence the administration's steps would withstand legal challenge.

“No one is looking to have a battle here. The president of the United States, just as every president and every administration and Cabinet members, have the right to appoint people they deem as qualified, as aligned with the administration’s … priorities, to these boards and to any position in the federal government,” she said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/571500-psaki-defends-move-to-oust-trump-appointees-from-military-academy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
In a banana republic, this would be the beginning of a "military purge". But the good ol' USA isn't a banana republic... is it?
Let it burn.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
One of those people that was bumped from the West Point board is a friend of mine and a a Clas of '76 graduate of Hudson High.

I served with LTG (retired) Guy Swan twice in my military career.  He was one of those types of officers I talked about with @IsailedawayfromFR yesterday.  Never knew his politics the entire time he was in uniform...as it should be.  He's not thrilled about getting that letter...but he's being very gracious about it in public at least.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

On the other hand, I iimagine it would be more difficult to convince a trump appointment to turn taxpayer purchased ordinance on trump supporters.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
On the other hand, I iimagine it would be more difficult to convince a trump appointment to turn taxpayer purchased ordinance on trump supporters.

I think it's just the Biden staff being petty.  I personally believe they look at voter rolls and donation histories of people in positions like that and those in uniform and single them out.

Happened to me a couple times when I was serving in DC when Barry was in office...once was a by name situation.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline skeeter

I think it's just the Biden staff being petty.  I personally believe they look at voter rolls and donation histories of people in positions like that and those in uniform and single them out.

Happened to me a couple times when I was serving in DC when Barry was in office...once was a by name situation.
if this were the only attempt to “reform” the military I’d chalk it up to small mindedness. Unfortunately there is a trend, all things considered.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
if this were the only attempt to “reform” the military I’d chalk it up to small mindedness. Unfortunately there is a trend, all things considered.

Oh there is a definite trend.  They want to purge as many people as they can.  They don't like that the majority of the military tends to vote Republican on top of the fact that most of them just hate the military period.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why is anyone surprised about this?

It's what totalitarian governments ALWAYS do.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline AARguy

I have mixed feelings here. The "Bureau of Visitors" these folks belong to usually doesn't do much of anything. But back in the 80's they were responsible for the easing of academic standards and replacing some hardcore engineering courses at West Point with "fluffy" courses like philosophy, et al. So they can do damage when they want to.

On the other hand, West Point does need some improvement. Lloyd Austin is my West Point classmate and he's really letting us all down. I don't know what happened to him. He was a good guy as a Cadet and every time I met a Soldier under his Command, they had nothing but good things to say about him. One staff officer I talked to when Lloyd was a division Commander was especially positive about him. That was when he was a two star. I note that when he became the Vice Chief as a Four Star, then President Obama coerced him into writing a letter ruining the career of a War College instructor who had authored a negative presentation about radical islam.

So something is rotten somewhere and someone should find out the facts of what happened to Lloyd along the way to his current posting as SecDef.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I have mixed feelings here. The "Bureau of Visitors" these folks belong to usually doesn't do much of anything. But back in the 80's they were responsible for the easing of academic standards and replacing some hardcore engineering courses at West Point with "fluffy" courses like philosophy, et al. So they can do damage when they want to.

On the other hand, West Point does need some improvement. Lloyd Austin is my West Point classmate and he's really letting us all down. I don't know what happened to him. He was a good guy as a Cadet and every time I met a Soldier under his Command, they had nothing but good things to say about him. One staff officer I talked to when Lloyd was a division Commander was especially positive about him. That was when he was a two star. I note that when he became the Vice Chief as a Four Star, then President Obama coerced him into writing a letter ruining the career of a War College instructor who had authored a negative presentation about radical islam.

So something is rotten somewhere and someone should find out the facts of what happened to Lloyd along the way to his current posting as SecDef.

What happened sir was that he became a political animal.  Once politics are involved with your promotions and moving up the flag ranks...you in turn become a political animal to continue advancement.

rangerrebew

I just read that Sean Spicer, one of those fired, is suing Biden for termination without cause.  Remember Trump tried to dump some Obama hacks and the left went bonkers.  I really don't see much difference, except for the lack of cajones on the right.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In a banana republic, this would be the beginning of a "military purge". But the good ol' USA isn't a banana republic... is it?
That purge is already in progress in the lower ranks, this is a prophylactic gesture to keep from having to do another one. (just like taking over the 'education' industry)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Oh there is a definite trend.  They want to purge as many people as they can.  They don't like that the majority of the military tends to vote Republican on top of the fact that most of them just hate the military period.
It goes beyond hating the military. If the military is focused on controlling Americans, on wokeism, it can be used against this country, and failing that, it will be ineffective against others. The damage is insidious, pervasive, and deadly to our Republic and the American way of life.

It was Joe Stalin's purges of the officers in the Soviet Military that made that army wasteful and ineffective when Hitler attacked. History repeats. Keep your powder dry.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 05:54:07 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It goes beyond hating the military. If the military is focused on controlling Americans, on wokeism, it can be used against this country, and failing that, it will be ineffective against others. The damage is insidious, pervasive, and deadly to our Republic and the American way of life.

Along with what you said...don't count out too that the left sees the military as the execution army of US foreign policy...and they absolutely despise America being a super power...so in turn they have to do to the military what we see them doing to U.S. foreign policy.   

It was Joe Stalin's purges of the officers in the Soviet Military that made that army wasteful and ineffective when Hitler attacked. History repeats. Keep your powder dry.

Don't worry...I am.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
(I drafted the reply below before I read skeeter's post #6 above)

When Mr. Trump is re-elected, the VERY FIRST THING he should do is to dismiss EVERYONE in government that is "fire-able".

EVERYBODY.

ALL of them.

And then... start over.

Offline skeeter

(I drafted the reply below before I read skeeter's post #6 above)

When Mr. Trump is re-elected, the VERY FIRST THING he should do is to dismiss EVERYONE in government that is "fire-able".

EVERYBODY.

ALL of them.

And then... start over.
Trump had better have his legal team primed and ready to roll. Because the judicial system will be immediately deployed on behalf of their rat masters

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump had better have his legal team primed and ready to roll. Because the judicial system will be immediately deployed on behalf of their rat masters

@skeeter

You can bet your bippy that prestigious DC law firms are already drawing up charges in the hope they can keep Trump so distracted he spends all his time defending himself instead of taking them out by siccing the alleged Justice Dept on them.

As a wise man once noted,"The best defense is a good offense."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

You can bet your bippy that prestigious DC law firms are already drawing up charges in the hope they can keep Trump so distracted he spends all his time defending himself instead of taking them out by siccing the alleged Justice Dept on them.

As a wise man once noted,"The best defense is a good offense."
I know, Pete, and it’s beyond aggravating. Wouldn’t it be nice to have an opposition party who might consider backing him up.