Author Topic: When military leadership loses the respect of the troops….  (Read 331 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

When military leadership loses the respect of the troops….
« on: September 08, 2021, 01:03:50 pm »
@txradioguy - Do your contacts confirm this rage inside the military toward the leaders?

We are in a serious crisis, one that the corporate media are loath to even hint at.  The reason is obvious: responsibility lies in the hands of President Biden and his leadership team.  Professor Glenn Reynolds, aka, the Instapundit, is unafraid to face the reality, and writes about in the New York Post:

Our military’s civilian leadership is corrupt and incompetent. The brass commands respect neither among the citizenry nor the forces it commands. Mid-level officers are in a rage — a dangerous phenomenon that in many other nations triggers insurrections and coups. (snip)

Meanwhile, the officers who actually do things are furious. A series of encrypted messages leaked to the media shows officers on the ground in Kabul blasting their orders, complaining that they were being forced to leave Americans behind. “We are f–king abandoning American citizens,” wrote a colonel with the 82d Airborne detachment there. Regular troops were reportedly apoplectic that they weren’t allowed to go rescue US citizens, as British and French forces did.

As this debacle unfolds, the field- and company-grade officers — captains through colonels — are complaining about a double standard in military management: If they screw up even a little, their careers are over. But when the generals screw up, there are no consequences, even when lives or billions of dollars are wasted; then they retire to fat contractor paychecks.

Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller resigned his commission after Kabul to demand accountability from his superiors. He couldn’t stay, he said, because he had lost trust and confidence in them. His words have been echoed, publicly and in private, by many others of similar rank. (I received an e-mail from a serving general making the same points.)

This is against the background of endless loose talk by our high political leaders about “coups,” “insurrections” and “sedition.” The laughable Capitol “riot” certainly didn’t rise to that level, but in a show of insecurity, the Capitol was ringed by 25,000 troops, several times as many as were sent to rescue Americans from Kabul. Banana republic stuff.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/09/when_military_leadership_loses_the_respect_of_the_troops.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: When military leadership loses the respect of the troops….
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 01:21:13 pm »
American Governmental and Military leadership is so OBSESSED with Americans, especially White Trump supporters, that they do not have the spare time or mental capacity to be worried about anything happening outside of the United States.

If they could, they would recall and redeploy all military troops and resources to America, which is their primary and only concern. Anything happening outside of the United States is not their problem. Consolidating total absolute power in America is their only objective.

We saw what Trump's "America First" policy objectives were. Now we are going to see what Pelosi and Obama mean by "America First". And it is not going to be a good thing, for anybody.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:49:17 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 01:28:10 pm »
An old retired gunnery sergent friend of mine who passed away a few years ago use to say "There is better leadership in the boy scouts than there is in the Marine corps." He was right then and that statement still stands today.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:28:58 pm by Killer Clouds »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 02:24:50 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

I haven't seen rage so much as I've seen disbelief and despair.  Kind of a "I can't believe this is happening attitude".

Many of us have been through this "woke" style of running the DoD before with Clinton and Obama and at this point it's BOHICA.

There's contempt for the higher ups amongst a lot of us because they are supposed to be a firewall preventing this kind of PC crap in an organization that by it's very mission isn't designed to be PC.  And instead they are ushering it in and forcing it on us.  Even now as a DA Civilian I'm having to endure Lloyd Austin's campaign to weed out "violent extremism" a.k.a. Conservative and Trump supporters from the military.

I know personally that for the longest time I didn't know the political leaning of the officers and Senior NCO's that led and trained and mentored me.

Now they wear it on their sleeve like some damn award.  And that's repulsive to me.

But we will do as we've done in these situations before...smile and nod when we have these stupid stand downs and training classes...we'll check the box to keep the Pentagon crowd feeling righteous.

And then we'll go back to training those that we lead to be ready for war...snap them out of their millennial "all about me" mentality and make them realize that this isn't about them at the end of the day.  It's truly is about fighting for the guy next to you.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 03:10:09 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

I haven't seen rage so much as I've seen disbelief and despair.  Kind of a "I can't believe this is happening attitude".

Many of us have been through this "woke" style of running the DoD before with Clinton and Obama and at this point it's BOHICA.

There's contempt for the higher ups amongst a lot of us because they are supposed to be a firewall preventing this kind of PC crap in an organization that by it's very mission isn't designed to be PC.  And instead they are ushering it in and forcing it on us.  Even now as a DA Civilian I'm having to endure Lloyd Austin's campaign to weed out "violent extremism" a.k.a. Conservative and Trump supporters from the military.

I know personally that for the longest time I didn't know the political leaning of the officers and Senior NCO's that led and trained and mentored me.

Now they wear it on their sleeve like some damn award.  And that's repulsive to me.

But we will do as we've done in these situations before...smile and nod when we have these stupid stand downs and training classes...we'll check the box to keep the Pentagon crowd feeling righteous.

And then we'll go back to training those that we lead to be ready for war...snap them out of their millennial "all about me" mentality and make them realize that this isn't about them at the end of the day.  It's truly is about fighting for the guy next to you.
Thanks for candor.

You guys may be the last bastion of our liberty and am thankful for you and your comrades' patriotism in spite of what the leadership does to impede it.  Am really concerned that military leadership has bedded with the politicians.  If that infects the regular soldier, it is game over.  @txradioguy
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 03:11:23 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 04:03:31 pm »
Biden had his military people set the nasty jihadist in gitmo free to Afghanistan, the same Biden and his state department that refuses Americans freedom to leave Afghanistan by aircraft, using phony excuses, one after another.  The Taliban announced the Americans on aircraft were free to go, the State dept refused saying freedom of and for those Americans was too dangerous,or words to that effect.  Biden is proving before any shadow of doubt, teflon democrats are more dangerous to America than any foe that has threatened America.  I warned of slick willy being a severe danger to America when he was in office, the mentally/spiritually dead ignored the warnings then too.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 09:04:19 pm »
Repeating a reflection, the transformation for us occurred in 1917, when we entered the Great War,
the consequence of our Schmuck-in-Chief, Wilson.
This fateful turn internationalized our politics and military affairs which was none of our Goddammed Business.
We have been paying for this horrendous error of judgement ever since.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 02:58:19 am by Absalom »

Offline AARguy

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 06:45:13 am »
In the 1980's I Commanded an Artillery Battery in Germany during the Tehran Hostage Crisis. I went down to the Motor Pool and the Gun Park on a Sunday just to make a routine check I found my guys working, on their own time, to make sure they were ready to get to Tehran to "kick butt".

Young WARRIORS today see that Biden has abandoned American citizens and our allies in Afghanistan and are chomping at the bit to go get them. Biden wouldn't know a rifle from a helicopter and has no idea how they... or we... feel.

Offline christian

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 07:35:48 am »
Biden has plausible deniability and many have made it clear.  No matter how bad Biden is, by dementia you can't hold him accountable or to blame for anybody, Biden laughs in our faces..  Teflon bill clinton set up the play, Obama used it to hide behind his color, and Biden uses dementia and laughs at those that doesn't like what he does.  democrats have done much the same, you can fry Republicans for little or nothing, like Trump, you can't touch democrats even when caught in the act, like hitlery caught in the act being a prime example.  Much of this has gone on for decades, yet people pretend they have been lobotomized and don't understand what has become normal for politics.  May they richly receive due recompense!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Its gotten so bad they do treason, right in our faces, aid and abet our enemies and think nothing of it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 07:37:21 am by christian »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 02:27:51 pm »
In the 1980's I Commanded an Artillery Battery in Germany during the Tehran Hostage Crisis. I went down to the Motor Pool and the Gun Park on a Sunday just to make a routine check I found my guys working, on their own time, to make sure they were ready to get to Tehran to "kick butt".

Young WARRIORS today see that Biden has abandoned American citizens and our allies in Afghanistan and are chomping at the bit to go get them. Biden wouldn't know a rifle from a helicopter and has no idea how they... or we... feel.

@AARguy

The list of things Slow Joe doesn't know is endless,but the FACT is that neither he nor anyone on his team even CARES what the hired peons in the military think. They consider you/us to be hired employees,like gardeners or wait staff,and people like us are neither capable or or expected to have an actual thought or a brain to think with.

After all,if we were completly immoral and only cared about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!",we would be one of them.

There is a price to be paid for this kind of arrogance. Marie Antionette and her pals found out about this in France,and Biden and his class are eventually going to find out about it in America. I can only hope that I live long enough to see it,even if I am physically unable to be a participant in handing out the justice.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 02:29:50 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2021, 02:32:04 pm »
@AARguy

The list of things Slow Joe doesn't know is endless,but the FACT is that neither he nor anyone on his team even CARES what the hired peons in the military think. They consider you/us to be hired employees,like gardeners or wait staff,and people like us are neither capable or or expected to have an actual thought or a brain to think with.

After all,if we were completly immoral and only cared about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!",we would be one of them.

There is a price to be paid for this kind of arrogance. Marie Antionette and her pals found out about this in France,and Biden and his class are eventually going to find out about it in America. I can only hope that I live long enough to see it,even if I am physically unable to be a participant in handing out the justice.
I wish it was a matter of  caring only about themselves. The people running the show - Obama retreads - have a burning antipathy for America and Americans. And they are now seeking to build a like minded military.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2021, 02:50:55 pm »
I wish it was a matter of  caring only about themselves. The people running the show - Obama retreads - have a burning antipathy for America and Americans. And they are now seeking to build a like minded military.

@skeeter

They have been doing this for years,via the service academies like West Point. Remember the WP graduation ceremony several years ago where a newly commissioned officer ripped off his WP tunic to reveal a tshirt depiction of the hammer can sickle?

He was out in the open about this,and nobody seemed to care.

And judging by the jackass running WP now,it has only gotten worse.

I CAN tell you this with a fair amount of confidence,though. The career NCO's in infantry units tend to be VERY patriotic people with very strong moral codes. The communism crap may flush in support units where the slackers congregate,but not in the infantry line units.

IF an actual war breaks out the AA and other political appointees in infantry units will have a VERY short shelf-life.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 02:52:44 pm by sneakypete »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2021, 02:59:31 pm »
@skeeter

They have been doing this for years,via the service academies like West Point. Remember the WP graduation ceremony several years ago where a newly commissioned officer ripped off his WP tunic to reveal a tshirt depiction of the hammer can sickle?

He was out in the open about this,and nobody seemed to care.

And judging by the jackass running WP now,it has only gotten worse.

I CAN tell you this with a fair amount of confidence,though. The career NCO's in infantry units tend to be VERY patriotic people with very strong moral codes. The communism crap may flush in support units where the slackers congregate,but not in the infantry line units.

IF an actual war breaks out the AA and other political appointees in infantry units will have a VERY short shelf-life.
Six months into WWII most of the area commanders we started the war with on 12/7/41 were gone. War tends to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2021, 03:32:26 pm »
I agree. That is true. But how many of their soldiers will they get killed before they wash out?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bilo

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2021, 05:25:21 pm »
Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller resigned his commission after Kabul to demand accountability from his superiors. He couldn’t stay, he said, because he had lost trust and confidence in them. His words have been echoed, publicly and in private, by many others of similar rank. (I received an e-mail from a serving general making the same points.)

If the military is going to be purged of the "TV Generals" this is the man I want leading the effort.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2021, 05:36:27 pm »
I agree. That is true. But how many of their soldiers will they get killed before they wash out?

Even worse, what happens when we lose because of them?

Afghanistan is only a small sampling of the consequences of incompetence. China is empowered. They will have access to even more rare minerals. They may have Bagram Air Base to station forces at. A new coalition of anti America nations (China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, parts of Iraq and Syria) will be free to operate without the USA having any ability to respond to in any immediate manner.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2021, 09:31:15 pm »

@240B

Not many before some of the senior NCO's get together and decide to take out the trash for the good of the unit.

Offline christian

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2021, 03:12:58 am »
The American navy, at the start of WWII took some bad beating over career desk riding captains who didn't take the battlefield seriously.  Iron bottom sound became the name for the area incompetent officers sailed, and the poor men that suffered of them.  The Marines had no such problem, the Japanese quickly learned the hard way.  The Navy soon realized officers that didn't take war seriously were a very serious problem, and officers that were serious and aggressive were then promoted up the ranks past the dead wood desk riders.  It didn't take long for the Japanese to realize they were then in over their heads and the desperate brutal retreat back to the home islands began. Heavy losses until they had enough of war.
After democrats purged the military ranks, recently, the career clueless wonder what happened.  I believe the term is, Stuck on stupid (and denial),and with no one to blame as Biden is teflon like other anti-American Presidents have been.