Author Topic: Four members of Congress under ethics panel investigation  (Read 114 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Four members of Congress under ethics panel investigation
« on: September 08, 2021, 06:50:20 pm »

Four members of Congress under ethics panel investigation

The committee announced the investigations Tuesday, said it will have an announcement on the matters no later than Oct. 21.

By Sophie Mann

Updated: September 8, 2021 - 10:21am

Four members of Congress are being investigated for potential ethics violations, the House Ethics Committee said Tuesday.

The nonpartisan Office of Congressional Ethics concluded, following investigations into each member, there was substantial reason to believe violations had occurred in each case.

The bipartisan group includes GOP Reps. Alex Mooney of West Virginia, Mike Kelly of Pennsylvania and Jim Hagedron of Minnesota, and Democratic Rep. Tom Malinowski of New Jersey.

Mooney is under investigation for reportedly spending thousands of dollars in campaign funds on personal expenditures, including family vacations. He additionally may have failed to disclose $40,000 in campaign spending. A spokesperson for Mooney's campaign says the congressman is cooperating fully with the investigation.

Kelly is accused of pressuring the Trump administration to launch an investigation into foreign steel imports, which it did, but not before Kelly's wife bought stock in a Pennsylvania steel company whose competitors would be threatened by the investigation.

The Malinowski matter is also stock related.

more
https://justthenews.com/government/congress/four-members-congress-under-ethics-panel-investigation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Four members of Congress under ethics panel investigation
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 07:00:04 pm »

(3) Republican House Members and ... (1) token Dem to maintain the appearance of 'non-partisanship'.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 07:46:26 pm »
Before ANY investigation, we already know the trial has a clearly understood ending.  Democrats are blameless, Republicans are to blame even if they did no wrong.  Democrats have been very clear as to how they run investigations for a long time.
Why are the simplest things a great mystery any more?
 22222frying pan :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 07:56:37 pm »
Mooney is kind of a lame duck, perhaps, as WV is losing one of its three congressional seats due to population loss. The new districts have not yet been drawn, but we'd be okay if the other two Republicans currently in office retained their jobs.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org