Author Topic: Pelosi, blaming Trump for debt, vows to raise borrowing limit....lol  (Read 246 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi, blaming Trump for debt, vows to raise borrowing limit
By Mike Lillis - 09/08/21 11:46 AM EDT

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) vowed Wednesday that Democrats will stave off a government default by raising the debt ceiling in the coming weeks.

The Speaker did not specify what larger legislative vehicle, if any, Democratic leaders will tap to move the controversial measure amid threats of noncooperation from Republican leaders. But she was terse in ruling out one potential avenue: "We won't be putting it in reconciliation," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol.

That red line is significant, since the Democrats' nascent $3.5 trillion reconciliation package is the one piece of looming legislation expected to move by special budget rules allowing it to pass without any Republican support.

The other legislation scheduled for votes in the coming weeks — including a short-term government spending package, known as a continuing resolution, to prevent a shutdown on Oct. 1 — will require GOP buy-in to defeat a filibuster in the Senate.

Pelosi was vague about her intended strategy, but promised to avoid a default.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/571284-pelosi-blaming-trump-for-debt-vows-to-raise-borrowing-limit
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Pelosi, blaming Trump for debt, vows to raise borrowing limit....lol
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 06:44:08 pm »

Pelosi says Congress, including GOP, must raise debt ceiling to pay off 'Trump's credit card'

The California Democrat argued Trump racked up $7 trillion in debt over his four-year presidency.

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/pelosi-says-congress-including-gop-must-raise-debt-ceiling-pay-trumps-credit
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 06:52:10 pm »

"We won't be putting it in reconciliation," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol.

... so, Pelosi will be putting the $3.5 trillion into reconciliation.  I guess GOP will need to oppose any and all bills that could make it to reconciliation.

Nice going, Moonbat Squad.  Instead of something, you get nothing.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 07:24:29 pm »
And Nancy voted for it with full throated approval.

I love it when this banshee tries to stab Reps with the knife and manages to put it in her own eye.
The Republic is lost.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 07:38:04 pm »
The mad insane Trillion $ spending democrats want to blame Trump for their irresponsible spending?  Who'd a thought?  the blame everything for everything since time began on Trump, by the total obstructionist insane spending Biden democrats.  This is what you get when you give the worst evil, carte blanch for any and all wickedness's he can pull off-get away with.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 07:42:58 pm »
 9999hair out0000 When exactly did it stop being Congress that controlled the purse strings? Yeah it pissed me off that Trump didn't veto those spending bills and make Pelosi and the dems own them with a veto override, but it's still Congress that spends, the President can only ask. Except for resident Joe, he just signs what's put in front of him. Kind of like this except the Redhead is way too old for Joe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2beJKmdbgs

Offline christian

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 10:42:01 pm »
Well lets get down to it, how many morons and fools of BOTH sides did it take to overthrow Trump and force Biden on us?  Expect of those here that did, very few to own up to it! How deaf they were to force this achievement upon the nation, and now have severe hitlery amnesia of their own words/actions!
I know whom they serve... :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 12:29:21 am »
She isn't wrong.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline MikePence

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 03:52:59 am »
Democrats are recklessly squandering our currency. President Trump left us in more excellent shape than we were when he took office in 2017!
I'm a Christian, a conservative and a Republican, in that order.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 04:00:37 am »
Own it Trump fans... she is half right...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline christian

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2021, 05:16:55 am »
Nahh, Pelosi is developing Bidens dementia, the democrats can only be 100% innocent of anything they do, blame Republicans for everything, its what only the most serious stooges can do! This way a second Biden term can be a certainty!  Notice Biden is back to screwing things up again, and the horse laughs he is having at Americas expense?  Even Joe loves to laugh at useful clueless fools!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 01:11:08 pm »
Own it Trump fans... she is half right...

Yep

Trump couldn’t wait to sign every spending bill Chuck and Nancy put in front of him
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:13:10 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy