Author Topic: The Case for Electric Vehicles Is Losing Its Charge  (Read 108 times)

rangerrebew

The Case for Electric Vehicles Is Losing Its Charge
« on: September 08, 2021, 03:18:49 pm »

The Case for Electric Vehicles Is Losing Its Charge
Heartland Author
September 7, 2021

By Kenneth Green

I’m not a climate skeptic. As an environmental scientist/engineer by training, I think climate change is real. But it’s like every other environmental issue: a more-or-less routine engineering challenge, rather than a world-altering disaster justifying the fever-dreams of the radical greens.

Electric Vehicle Skeptic

I am, however, an electric vehicle skeptic. Or, more broadly, I’m skeptical that electric vehicles, adopted either voluntarily or via government mandates (increasingly the norm), will do much of anything to address the risk of climate change or to significantly reduce any other environmental problem that one might point out.

I’m solidly convinced that shifting away from the internal combustion of hydrocarbons to battery-stored electricity (generated from pretty much any source) will likely make environmental problems worse, not better.

Along the way, the push to force EVs onto the public will come with a bunch of social injustices that will only compound the environmental challenges society faces.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2021/09/the-case-for-electric-vehicles-is-losing-its-charge/