Author Topic: Retired military officials demand resignations from Austin, Milley Aug 31, 2021  (Read 352 times)

Offline LegalAmerican

This is what needs to be done to 'WOKE'. generals..."Woke" is a mental disorder. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncINEkZPIuk

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
90 retired generals, admirals call on Austin, Milley to resign following ‘disastrous’ Afghanistan withdrawal

American Military News by Liz George   August 31, 2021

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/08/90-retired-generals-admirals-call-on-austin-milley-to-resign-following-disastrous-afghanistan-withdrawal/

In a letter released Monday, nearly 90 retired generals and admirals called for the resignation and retirement of Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley for their contribution to the “disastrous withdrawal” of United States forces from Afghanistan.

The veterans slammed both Austin and Milley for “negligence in performing their duties” surrounding President Joe Biden’s “disastrous” withdrawal that left 13 service members dead, as well as hundreds of Americans, and thousands of Afghan allies, stranded behind enemy lines amid the Taliban takeover.

“The death and torture of Afghans has already begun and will result in a human tragedy of major proportions. The loss of billions of dollars in advanced military equipment and supplies falling into the hands of our enemies is catastrophic. The damage to the reputation of the United States is indescribable,” the letter stated. “We are now seen, and will be seen for many years, as an unreliable partner in any multinational agreement or operation. Trust in the United States is irreparably damaged.”

The letter asserted that if the two military leaders “did not do everything within their authority to stop the hasty withdrawal,” then they should resign — but even if they did and were unable “to persuade the CINC/President to not hastily exit,” they should still resign “in protest as a matter of conscience and public statement.”

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This is what needs to be done to 'WOKE'. generals..."Woke" is a mental disorder. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncINEkZPIuk
Which will get their soldiers killed as well as losing wars
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline MajorClay

Yep

rangerrebew

130 Retired Generals, Admirals Demand Resignations From Milley, Austin Over Afghanistan Disaster
By  Ryan Saavedra

Sep 2, 2021   DailyWire.com
 ia Getty Images

The list of retired admirals and generals demanding resignations from Secretary of Defense (SECDEF) Lloyd Austin and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) Mark Milley has grown significantly in the last few days, going from under 90 just a few days ago to ballooning to 130 by Thursday.

The retired admirals and generals said that both Milley and Austin need to resign “based on negligence in performing their duties primarily involving events surrounding the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan.”

The letter noted the numerous U.S. citizens and Afghan allies, including the man who helped rescue then-Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE) in 2008 when his helicopter was forced to land in a dangerous area in Afghanistan due to severe weather, who had been left behind by the administration when they pulled out of the country earlier this week.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/130-retired-generals-admirals-demand-resignations-from-milley-austin-over-afghanistan-disaster?itm_source=parsely-api&utm_source=cnemail&utm_medium=email&utm_content=090221-news&utm_campaign=position1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That is a truly stunning number when you consider how few flag officers there are that are old enough to be retired.

Frankly,I am surprised there are even 130 of them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

Not going to happen.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Absalom

As Koko sang:
" I have a little list,
" Of those who won't be missed,
" No never, not ever!
As the Chorus carries on.....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
AFAIK,it is unheard of for 130 retired General/Flag rank officers demanding a senior officer be forced to step down.

I have no idea how many living Flag officers there are,but I am guessing that 130 is most of them.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
AFAIK,it is unheard of for 130 retired General/Flag rank officers demanding a senior officer be forced to step down.

I have no idea how many living Flag officers there are,but I am guessing that 130 is most of them.

I can't find any material on how many RETIRED generals and admirals are still living,
but I did find a page about ACTIVE DUTY generals and admirals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_duty_United_States_four-star_officers#Statutory_limits

Statutory limits

The U.S. Code explicitly limits the total number of four-star officers that may be on active duty at any given time.
The total number of active-duty general or flag officers is capped at
231 for the Army,
162 for the Navy,
198 for the Air Force, and
  62 for the Marine Corps.[17]
(653 total)
From December 31, 2022, the cap will be reduced further to
220 for the Army,
151 for the Navy,
187 for the Air Force, and
  62 for the Marine Corps.[18]
(620 total)
Out of this total,
statute sets the total number of four-star officers allowed in each service.[20] This is set at
7 four-star Army generals,[20]
6 four-star Navy admirals,[20]
9 four-star Air Force generals,[20]
2 four-star Marine generals[20] and
2 four-star Space Force generals.
(26 total)

I would guess that the number of RETIRED generals and admirals who are still living
is greater than the number of those on active duty.

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I can't find any material on how many RETIRED generals and admirals are still living,
but I did find a page about ACTIVE DUTY generals and admirals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_duty_United_States_four-star_officers#Statutory_limits

Statutory limits

The U.S. Code explicitly limits the total number of four-star officers that may be on active duty at any given time.
The total number of active-duty general or flag officers is capped at
231 for the Army,
162 for the Navy,
198 for the Air Force, and
  62 for the Marine Corps.[17]
(653 total)
From December 31, 2022, the cap will be reduced further to
220 for the Army,
151 for the Navy,
187 for the Air Force, and
  62 for the Marine Corps.[18]
(620 total)
Out of this total,
statute sets the total number of four-star officers allowed in each service.[20] This is set at
7 four-star Army generals,[20]
6 four-star Navy admirals,[20]
9 four-star Air Force generals,[20]
2 four-star Marine generals[20] and
2 four-star Space Force generals.
(26 total)

I would guess that the number of RETIRED generals and admirals who are still living
is greater than the number of those on active duty.

@unite for individuality

Thank you!

I had no idea there were that many flag officers,and still have no idea why we need THAT many. What do they do,take turns driving each other to work?