Author Topic: Biden predicts he can 'work something out' with Manchin  (Read 125 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden predicts he can 'work something out' with Manchin
« on: September 08, 2021, 01:00:59 am »
By Brett Samuels - 09/07/21 07:31 PM EDT

President Biden on Tuesday expressed confidence Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) will get on board with Democrats' plans for a multitrillion-dollar reconciliation bill after the centrist senator called for lawmakers to hit "pause" on the package.

"Joe at the end has always been there. He's always been with me. I think we can work something out. I look forward to speaking with him," Biden told reporters after returning from touring storm damage in New Jersey and New York.

Asked about the timing of the reconciliation bill moving forward given the administration's new push for supplemental funding for Afghan refugees and storm recovery, Biden said he's "comfortable proceeding the way we've proceeded so far."

Manchin, during remarks last week at a West Virginia Chamber of Commerce event, pointed to concerns about “runaway inflation,” the delta variant of the coronavirus and a botched withdrawal from Afghanistan to float slowing down Democrats' plans for a $3.5 trillion reconciliation bill that contains Biden's priorities on health care, child care and climate change.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/571187-biden-predicts-he-can-work-something-out-with-manchin
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Biden predicts he can 'work something out' with Manchin
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 01:04:34 am »
Biden has a hard time working up a good turd.  He reminds my of my dear old grandfather who told me that at his age... a good shit is better than the best sex he ever had.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 01:25:51 am »
Biden has a hard time working up a good turd.  He reminds my of my dear old grandfather who told me that at his age... a good shit is better than the best sex he ever had.
Reminds me of that meme which went around a couple of decades ago comparing young and old ages - ‘at 30, hoping for a BMW; at 60, hoping for a BM’.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 01:26:28 am »

Likely true! Manchin is one of Joe Biden's number one understudies at the art of selling your constituents out for $$$.

What's in it for me are words to live by as far as they are concerned.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:33:37 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien