Author Topic: ‘We’re At Our Highest Spike’: Georgia Bulldogs Dealing With COVID Outbreak Among Vaccinated  (Read 377 times)

Offline Hoodat

‘We’re At Our Highest Spike’: Georgia Bulldogs Dealing With COVID Outbreak Among Vaccinated

Joe Morgan  •  Sep 7, 2021

The Georgia Bulldogs football team is more than 90% vaccinated against COVID-19 and yet they’re still dealing with the very harsh reality of positive tests from players and staff members that are fully vaccinated against the virus.

On Saturday night, No. 5 Georgia played its opening game of the 2021 regular season in Charlotte against No. 3 Clemson. Georgia’s defense thoroughly dominated Clemson’s offensive line, sacking quarterback D.J. Uiagalelei seven times and held Clemson’s offense to just 180 total yards.

It was a massive victory for the Bulldogs, but it was different news on Monday that grabbed everyone’s attention.

The football program is dealing with a COVID outbreak, and the positive tests are coming back for players that are fully vaccinated.

“I’ll be honest with you, I’m as concerned as I’ve ever been, because we have three or four guys out with COVID and we have a couple staff members that have been out with COVID here recently,” head coach Kirby Smart said. “For us, we’re at our highest spike.  .  .  .

https://www.dailywire.com/news/were-at-our-highest-spike-georgia-bulldogs-dealing-with-covid-outbreak-among-vaccinated

Perhaps you should have followed the science instead of listening to the Democrats' bullshit and Fauci's lies.  The Pfizer jab does not prompt an immune response against the virus.  That has been clear for almost a year now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

So how many of those positive tests are translating into serious illness or death?

If none, then who cares?  Mere technical positive tests is not the correct benchmark for whether this is still a real problem.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Is it the testing that's screwed up or are the vaccines not worth much?

Or  both? 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

So how many of those positive tests are translating into serious illness or death?

If none, then who cares?  Mere technical positive tests is not the correct benchmark for whether this is still a real problem.

The only issue with that is if people who are vaccinated are the ones getting sick then they are incubating mutations that are vaccine resistant and spreading that version. That's particularly dangerous for the elderly.

Online DB

Perhaps you should have followed the science instead of listening to the Democrats' bullshit and Fauci's lies.  The Pfizer jab does not prompt an immune response against the virus.  That has been clear for almost a year now.

I believe it produces an immune response but it is very narrow to just the spike protein. It also appears that it doesn't produce the long term T cells. So the people who are "vaccinated" and still get sick are creating versions of the virus that evade that narrow response and then pass it on to others.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
More and more evidence daily of the Fauxcii and the government lies about expected impacts of "breakthrough" infections.

This government couldn't have less credibility right now

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Life is a gamble.  Anything that improves the odds of me not dying is worth looking at.

(King County, Washington, USA) COVID-19 outcomes by vaccination status
Updated weekly

https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/data/vaccination-outcomes.aspx
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

The only issue with that is if people who are vaccinated are the ones getting sick then they are incubating mutations that are vaccine resistant and spreading that version. That's particularly dangerous for the elderly.

Nonsense.  No more than anyone else would.

Online DB

Nonsense.  No more than anyone else would.

The only protection the elderly have is the "vaccination". By cultivating mutations that the "vaccine" doesn't work on the elderly are most at risk of dying.

Younger people are far more likely to survive vaccine or not.

Offline Kamaji

The only protection the elderly have is the "vaccination". By cultivating mutations that the "vaccine" doesn't work on the elderly are most at risk of dying.

Younger people are far more likely to survive vaccine or not.

The vaccine doesn't "cultivate" mutations any more than any healthy unvaccinated person does.  The only type of person who will not "cultivate" mutations is someone who has no immune system whatsoever, but then again, they've got bigger concerns than COVID-19.

Online DB

The vaccine doesn't "cultivate" mutations any more than any healthy unvaccinated person does.  The only type of person who will not "cultivate" mutations is someone who has no immune system whatsoever, but then again, they've got bigger concerns than COVID-19.

Not true. The vaccine has a very specific target protein. It is weak as a "vaccine" because the body does not produce anitbodies for the virus itself but instead a specific protein. By still getting the virus while being "vaccinated" it provides the perfect host to provide natural selection towards versions that avoid what the vaccine protects against. And while you are infected with it you spread that version to others.

It is similar to taking a partial dose of antibiotics. The strongest targeted bacteria survive going on to further replicate and infect others causing natural selection towards making the antibiotic ineffective. If all the targeted bacteria were killed it wouldn't pass on the mutated version. Viruses behave similarly.