Author Topic: Back To The Future  (Read 621 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Back To The Future
« on: September 07, 2021, 12:43:12 pm »
So I'm about to conduct a little time travel experiment.

No I haven't invented a DeLorean that travel through time and space...it's much simpler than that.

I'm temporarily benching my iPhone 11 and bringing back an old friend...the BlackBerry Z10.

I had one for almost three years when I was in Germany and I loved the phone.  I could load the Android apps I needed that weren't in the BB app store and the operating system was better and more secure than Android and iOS. Not to mention the phone call quality was head and shoulders above any iPhone or Android device I'd used.

The big thing for me is the ability to type accurately and even the four row on screen keyboard on the all touch Z10 was superior to the experience I've had trying to text on any other handset.

So it's going to be interesting to see if 2014 tech can hang with 2021.  I know that Apple incorporated little things like some of the swipe moves on screen starting with the iPhone X that were originally baked into the BlackBerry OS 10.  I'm going back to one of my old forum haunts BlackBerryOS.com to refresh myself on the phone operations and to find links to the apps and last OS updates that came out. 

This is definitely going to be an interesting experiment.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
Re: Back To The Future
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 08:28:32 am »
The wife wants her PalmOS device back! She was really good at "Graffiti" shorthand input! Her last Palm Pilot type device was a Sony Clie.

https://www.techspot.com/article/2083-palm/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CLIÉ

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 01:50:48 pm »
The wife wants her PalmOS device back! She was really good at "Graffiti" shorthand input! Her last Palm Pilot type device was a Sony Clie.

https://www.techspot.com/article/2083-palm/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CLIÉ

I remember when those came out.

I miss the days of actually having choices when it came to my electronic devices.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 02:33:29 pm »

Whippersnappers can keep their fancy Franklin Personal Organizers and Palm Pilots ... all I had growing up was a Trapper Keeper, and I liked it!

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 02:44:07 pm »
Whippersnappers can keep their fancy Franklin Personal Organizers and Palm Pilots ... all I had growing up was a Trapper Keeper, and I liked it!

That was the only time in my life I ever came close to being organized.