Poll

How do you like your pizza?

Plain cheese pizza
2 (6.7%)
All the meats; pepperoni, sausage, ground beef, ham, etc.
9 (30%)
The works; onions, peppers, mushrooms, olives, meats
11 (36.7%)
White pizza; alfredo sauce or olive oil ricotta
2 (6.7%)
Ham & pineapple
0 (0%)
Surprise me
0 (0%)
Any kind but anchovie
6 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: September 09, 2021, 12:50:24 am

Author Topic: Pizza  (Read 1400 times)

Offline libertybele

Pizza
« on: September 06, 2021, 12:37:36 am »
It's National Pizza Day.  How do you like your pizza?

I prefer a white pizza with ricotta, olive oil and garlic with grilled chicken.

Ham and pineapple is pretty tasty too.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Pizza
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 01:07:26 am »
I usually buy the multi-meat pizzas. In Lake Charles LA, just outside of the McNeese campus, my freshman yr, there was a small pizza joint owned by a retired Army Colonel and he made the very best Pizza Marinara. The sauce was outta this world.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 01:46:08 am »
I thot today was "National Cheese Pizza Day?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 02:09:50 am »
I thot today was "National Cheese Pizza Day?"

Ok already!  Obviously I'm not good at this poll stuff.  Now how do you like your dang 🍕?? :tongue2:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 02:10:02 am »
   I have mine made fresh at Papa Murphy's go pick it up and bake it later @ my house.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 02:30:09 am »
Pepperoni, an inch of mozzarella below uncooked tomato and bell peppers. House of Pizza on Auzerais and 1st St.

Its no longer at that location and, sadly, goes by the name of Kukar's House of Pizza. No thank you.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 12:22:11 pm »
I may be the only one here that doesn't do pizza.

Last pizza 30 years ago.

My bride did like pizza especially when pregnant.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2021, 01:08:09 pm »
   I have mine made fresh at Papa Murphy's go pick it up and bake it later @ my house.

Yes, yes and yes!

I’m a no anchovy person.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2021, 09:00:11 pm »

Yes, yes and yes!

I’m a no anchovy person.

I wish we had a Papa Murphy's.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 12:52:30 am »
Mushroom and pepperoni.

Online rustynail

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2021, 12:58:08 am »
Ranch pizza.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2021, 01:00:34 am »
Ranch pizza.

My hubby adds Ranch (Marie's brand) to just about everything, especially his pizza.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2021, 01:06:57 am »
Italian sausage, onion, g. pepper, b. olive, and mushroom... But you can drag it through the garden and I'll like it fine.

And I will happily commit sacrilege and order a Hawaiian from time to time.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2021, 01:37:31 am »
Cheese pizza seems a bit unclothed to me. I like sausage and mushrooms, but pepperoni is good, too.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2021, 07:28:06 pm »
I live in the Atlanta metro, and since living here have suffered terribly due to no decent pizza syndrome.  Yes, it is a real affliction. 

Best pizza I ever had in my life was a place called CDB's Pizza in the Tampa, FL metro.  I was told by a prior associate they closed their doors last year.  I just can't believe it.

I haven't had decent pizza in such a long time, I was thinking of making a trip to the northeast just to get a fix of it and hoagies.  I miss hoagies. 

Survey announced today indicated favorite food for folks in USA is pizza, and if you only had one food to eat, folks choose pizza.  I don't think I would have picked pizza.  Chicken parm or chicken piccata would be my preference.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2021, 07:47:40 pm »
I live in the Atlanta metro, and since living here have suffered terribly due to no decent pizza syndrome.  Yes, it is a real affliction. 

Best pizza I ever had in my life was a place called CDB's Pizza in the Tampa, FL metro.  I was told by a prior associate they closed their doors last year.  I just can't believe it.

I haven't had decent pizza in such a long time, I was thinking of making a trip to the northeast just to get a fix of it and hoagies.  I miss hoagies. 

Survey announced today indicated favorite food for folks in USA is pizza, and if you only had one food to eat, folks choose pizza.  I don't think I would have picked pizza.  Chicken parm or chicken piccata would be my preference.

I am too conflicted deciding. I can't decide between #1 and #2.

My #1 would be a toss-up between smoked brisket or a primo steak.

My #2 would be a toss-up between stuffed flounder or grilled bacon wrapped kingfish or blackened yellowfin tuna.

Offline berdie

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2021, 08:07:48 pm »
There is no bad pizza. Some is better than others, imho.

Although I wouldn't go out of my way to order pineapple pizza or anchovies...I could probably go with it if need be.

I've been making my own lately and have really developed a taste for cheese pizza. Unless I'm in a pizza mood and lazy....then I find a $1 Totinos Party Pizza is good especially if it's doctored up. My fav store bought is a place in Dallas...Sal's. But I only go to D under extreme duress.

So I'm pretty versatile when it comes to pizza. (Yes, Virginia, cold pizza is a breakfast food.)

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2021, 08:20:44 pm »

You don't like Mellow Mushroom or Athens Pizza?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2021, 08:22:49 pm »
Best pizza topping - Canadian bacon.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2021, 11:57:52 pm »
I got here too late to vote, but I'd like to put my 2 cents in and say that I do like anchovies on a pizza. It has to have the right combo of ingredients, and I haven't had one for a very long time, but I do like anchovies. In fact, I'm a little puzzled why there's such an aversion to them! :shrug: But then, I also love liver ... not on a pizza though.

I like to buy a thin crust cheese pizza at the store and then pile on my own ingredients. Faves: olives (green and black), pepperoni (double), onion, bell pepper. I'm very generous with all my ingredients.

@jafo2010

Which reminds me... I have a killer chicken piccata recipe that I haven't made in a long time. I used to make it so often, I had the recipe memorized. I may have to dig that puppy up and make it for breakfast/lunch/dinner sometime soon. Thanks for the reminder.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2021, 12:55:19 am »
I got here too late to vote, but I'd like to put my 2 cents in and say that I do like anchovies on a pizza.

We have a word for that up in here. We call it 'bait'.   :laugh:

I like to buy a thin crust cheese pizza at the store and then pile on my own ingredients. Faves: olives (green and black), pepperoni (double), onion, bell pepper. I'm very generous with all my ingredients.

I do that too... A regulation crappy freezer pizza fits perfectly in my largest cast skillet... So I get a really crisp and buttery crust. Often I will ad garlic to the butter in the pan...  :beer: