Author Topic: Planned Parenthood Temporarily Blocks Texas Right to Life Heartbeat Law  (Read 202 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by Nick Gilbertson 9/4/2021

Planned Parenthood has secured a rare emergency temporary restraining order (TRO) in a suit against Texas Right to Life, fresh off the heels of the 5-4 Supreme Court decision not to block the new bill prohibiting abortion after six weeks.

Judge Maya Guerra Gamble of the District Court in Travis County, Texas, approved Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas Surgical Health’s application for a TRO in the wake of the Supreme Court decision this week. Judge Gamble insists in the document that the plaintiffs, including doctors and staff, would face imminent lawsuits without the protection of the TRO while waiting to file a preliminary injunction:

The Court finds that S.B. 8 creates a probable, irreparable, and imminent injury in the interim for which Plaintiffs and their physicians, staff, and patients throughout Texas have no adequate remedy at law if Plaintiffs, their physicians, and staff are subjected to private enforcement lawsuits against them under S.B. 8. Money damages are insufficient to undo the injury to Plaintiffs, their physicians, and staff if the Defendants are not enjoined from instituting private enforcement lawsuits against Plaintiff under SB8.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/04/planned-parenthood-granted-emergency-temporary-restraining-order-against-texas-right-to-life/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Planned Parenthood Temporarily Blocks Texas Right to Life Heartbeat Law
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 06:52:31 pm »
Only with respect to Planned Parenthood being sued by Right to Life and some others.

Other abortionists are free to be sued by any and all others.

BTW, I wonder how a state judge can essentially over-rule the highest court in the country by a whimsical ruling?

State Commission on Judicial Conduct needs to remove from office this judge.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 08:35:24 pm »
Only with respect to Planned Parenthood being sued by Right to Life and some others.

BTW, I wonder how a state judge can essentially over-rule the highest court in the country by a whimsical ruling?

This state judge didn't over-rule the Supreme Court as the Supreme Court decided to Not Rule on the Case.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 08:45:17 pm »
This state judge didn't over-rule the Supreme Court as the Supreme Court decided to Not Rule on the Case.

All the USSC did was deny an emergency, blanket injuntion of the law.

They'll overturn it once the law works its way back to them through the courts.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 08:46:05 pm »

Um....when the SCOTUS "refuses to Rule" then they made a ruling. 

The old expression "When you refuse to decide, you made a decision (as is your right, BTW)."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 09:04:01 pm »
So did they just get Over-ruled?

Offline Idiot

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 09:04:54 pm »

LOLOLOLOLOL...yeah right.  My brother was an attorney for them and most that any judge normally got was a slap on the wrist not to do it again.  They are a joke! 

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 09:25:10 pm »
The Supreme Court was asked for a stay and declined to issue one.

So a state judge decides on a stay instead.

That is usurping a higher authority, unless the rationale is that the state judge is equal to or superior to the US Supreme Court.

Oh, and BTW, not saying yes is the same as saying No.  Taking the car keys and driving the car for a spin when your parent did not say it was ok will most certainly not end well for you.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 09:40:02 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2021, 09:41:58 pm »
LOLOLOLOLOL...yeah right.  My brother was an attorney for them and most that any judge normally got was a slap on the wrist not to do it again.  They are a joke!
Unfortunately you are correct.  The Commission is very unwieldly with too many disparate members so little real actions take place. It could use a good rework by amending the Constitution.