Author Topic: Trump REFUSES to back Texas abortion ruling and calls it 'complex and probably TEMPORARY'  (Read 115 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump REFUSES to back Texas abortion ruling and calls it 'complex and probably TEMPORARY'

Donald Trump wouldn't say if he supports the Supreme Court's ruling allowing a new Texas law to stand that bans abortion after a fetal heartbeat is detected
    'Do you agree with the ruling?' Sharyl Attkisson asked in an interview Saturday
    'Well, I will tell you this: We do have a Supreme Court that's a lot different than it was before,' Trump said, dodging the question
    The full on-camera interview will air next Sunday, September 12
     Trump also said he feels the ruling is likely temporary
    'I know that the ruling was very complex and also probably temporary,' he said

By Katelyn Caralle, U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 10:35 EDT, 5 September 2021 | Updated: 14:45 EDT, 5 September 2021

Donald Trump wouldn't say whether he agrees with the Supreme Court ruling upholding a new Texas heartbeat law that bans abortion after six weeks – or when a fetal heartbeat can be detected.

In his first on-camera interview since leaving office, Trump said the ruling is likely temporary.

'I know that the ruling was very complex and also probably temporary,' the former president told Sharyl Attkisson in an interview taped Saturday in Bedminster, New Jersey. 'I think other things will happen and that will be the big deal and the big picture.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9959971/Trump-REFUSES-Texas-abortion-ruling-calls-complex-probably-TEMPORARY.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Complex and probably temporary is dodging the question.  Not a good thing to do if he's planning on running in '24.

It doesn't matter how complex the issue is, either you agree with the decision or you don't.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline skeeter

Complex and probably temporary is dodging the question.  Not a good thing to do if he's planning on running in '24.

It doesn't matter how complex the issue is, either you agree with the decision or you don't.
If this is what he said he's waffling and youre right, not good.

But remember who's account we're reading and what their motives are. Get ahold of the entire interview.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Caution .... wait for the release of the actual interview before getting all twisted based on DM's "reporting".

BTW, nothing's been decided by the USSC on this law.  They simply punted on allowing an emergency stop of the bill's implementation.  This will return to the SC after it works its way through the courts.

Pro-life exuberance is a bit overdone and premature.

Texas Judge Sides With Abortion Providers Fighting Six-Week Ban
Daily Beast, Sep 4, 2021

The judge ruled that the new bill, which took effect Sept. 1, “creates a probable, irreparable, and imminent injury” to Planned Parenthood as well as its doctors and staff, should they be subject to the private lawsuits that the ban authorizes. Under the law, the state does not enforce the ban, rather deputizing private individuals to file suits against those who violate it.

The decision establishes a toehold for pro-abortion rights groups to fight back against the new law, the most restrictive in the country.

According to the judge’s ruling, no lawyers for Texas Right to Life appeared in court to argue against the motion for a restraining order. The next hearing on the matter, in which Planned Parenthood will need to prove its need for a permanent restraining order, is scheduled for Sept. 13. The temporary restraining order will expire on September 17, 2021.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/texas-judge-sides-with-planned-parenthood-in-fight-against-six-week-ban

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Trump:
'I know that the ruling was very complex and also probably temporary,' he said

He obviously sees what's coming when this reaches the Supreme Court via an actual case, which may take a while.

I predicted the same here some days' back.