Author Topic: This is the city of Philadelphia  (Read 176 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This is the city of Philadelphia
« on: September 05, 2021, 07:09:07 pm »
This is the city of Philadelphia
Twitter, Sep 5, 2021, Jack Posobiec

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1434518004876857347

Re: This is the city of Philadelphia
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 07:15:59 pm »
White House proposes removing penalties for fentanyl trafficking-related offenses
Yahoo, Sep 2, 2021, Fox News

The White House on Thursday proposed removing certain penalties associated with trafficking of fentanyl-related substances (FRS), prompting criticism that it would weaken illicit drug enforcement.

President Biden and former President Trump temporarily placed FRS under schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act. Thursday's proposal would make that change permanent while removing certain quantity-based mandatory minimums.

In a letter to Senate leaders reviewed by Fox News, the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) described the plan as the result of collaboration with the Justice Department (DOJ) and Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

"We are pleased to present to Congress a long-term, consensus approach that advances efforts to reduce the supply and availability of illicitly manufactured FRS, while protecting civil rights, and reducing barriers to scientific research for all schedule I substances," said ONDCP acting Director Regina LaBelle.

LaBelle added that "the proposal would exclude those FRS that are scheduled by class from certain quantity-based mandatory minimum penalties normally associated with domestic trafficking, and import and export offenses of CSA schedule I compounds."

"It would further ensure that a federal court can vacate or reduce the sentence of an individual convicted of an offense involving an individual FRS that is subsequently removed or rescheduled from schedule I."

More:   https://www.yahoo.com/now/white-house-proposes-removing-penalties-173041047.html