Author Topic: U.S. Coast Guard Continues to Expand Presence in the Western Pacific  (Read 101 times)

rangerrebew

U.S. Coast Guard Continues to Expand Presence in the Western Pacific
By: Dzirhan Mahadzir
September 3, 2021 5:14 PM

KUALA LUMPUR – The U.S. Coast Guard’s status as a military service coupled with its law enforcement roles allows it to effectively contribute to both the military and maritime law enforcement requirements of the Indo-Pacific region, according to the commander of U.S. Coast Guard units operating in the region.

As a military service of the United States, the Coast Guard can integrate seamlessly into defense operations alongside the U.S. Navy and other U.S. military services, and is fully interoperable with U.S. allies, Vice Admiral Michael McAllister, Commander Pacific Area and Commander, Coast Guard Defense Force West, said in a Sept. 3 media call.

But at the same time, its law enforcement and regulatory roles align well with both navies and coast guards in the Pacific region, and Coast Guard missions match the needs of Indo-Pacific nations.

https://news.usni.org/2021/09/03/u-s-coast-guard-continues-to-expand-pressence-in-the-western-pacific

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: U.S. Coast Guard Continues to Expand Presence in the Western Pacific
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 10:07:26 pm »
Is it just me, or is my idea of "The Coast Guard" mission as protecting OUR coastlines out-of-whack...?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 10:30:44 pm »
Is it just me, or is my idea of "The Coast Guard" mission as protecting OUR coastlines out-of-whack...?

That was my thought as well.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 11:03:09 pm »
It isn't just you...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis