Author Topic: DAN HODGES: The days of paying in British blood for our special relationship with America are over  (Read 174 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DAN HODGES: The days of paying in British blood for our special relationship with America are over

By Dan Hodges For The Mail On Sunday

Published: 18:08 EDT, 4 September 2021 | Updated: 20:58 EDT, 4 September 2021

When it emerged a few months ago that Boris Johnson had told Joe Biden of his dislike for the term ‘the special relationship’, it was as if the Prime Minister had committed an act of diplomatic blasphemy.

Some critics claimed the comments were evidence of ‘the gulf’ that existed between him and the US President.

Others held it up as proof of Britain’s post-Brexit global isolation. The consensus was that he was playing characteristically fast and loose with the historic alliance forged by Churchill and Roosevelt in the furnace of the Second World War.

This morning we can see that consensus was wrong. Boris was simply recognising and accepting a new reality. The days when George Bush and Tony Blair could recklessly roam the globe like a modern-day Don Quixote and Sancho Panza are over. And no matter how much they and their cheerleaders attempt to leverage last week’s final, chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan, they’re not coming back.

‘We didn’t need to do it,’ raged Blair, furiously denouncing those who had the temerity to bring an end to his two-decade-long Afghan adventure.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9958213/DAN-HODGES-days-paying-British-blood-special-relationship-America-over.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Fine with me. Hopefully the days of paying in American blood for elitists' global enterprise are over as well.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Fine with me. Hopefully the days of paying in American blood for elitists' global enterprise are over as well.
I guess he has forgotten about all the American blood that was 'paid' to save England's ass....twice! Hey were any of those Americans guns that were shipped to England under lend/lease ever returned? Pony up island boy! Oh and don't come crying to America for help when China comes knockin, we won't have any extra for a special relationship seeing as how we will be fully engaged trying to save ourselves from domestic enemies as well as the chicoms.

Offline bilo

:amen:

As the world restructures with a declining America in mind, we should rethink where our focus should be. I believe we should be dramatically increasing our connections with the country to our north and the countries to our south. The first order of business should be how to force real reform in Mexico's political system and end the cartels.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

I guess he has forgotten about all the American blood that was 'paid' to save England's ass....twice! Hey were any of those Americans guns that were shipped to England under lend/lease ever returned? Pony up island boy! Oh and don't come crying to America for help when China comes knockin, we won't have any extra for a special relationship seeing as how we will be fully engaged trying to save ourselves from domestic enemies as well as the chicoms.
Good point. That cuts both ways.