Author Topic: Dana Perino announces 'America's Dog' Jasper has died  (Read 310 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dana Perino announces 'America's Dog' Jasper has died
« on: September 05, 2021, 01:48:08 am »
Dana Perino announces 'America's Dog' Jasper has died
Jasper was nine years old
By Andrew Mark Miller | Fox News

Fox News host Dana Perino announced Saturday that her dog Jasper, who she has often featured on television over the years, has passed away.

"It is its deep sadness that I have to let you all know that Jasper passed away today," Perino tweeted on Saturday about the 9-year-old canine’s passing.

https://twitter.com/DanaPerino/status/1434241034091966465

danaperino
Verified
It is with broken hearts that Peter and I have to let you know that Jasper, America’s Dog, died today. A fast spreading cancer caused him to leave us sooner than we’d ever hoped. We got to send him off - talking about all the fishing he can do in Heaven.

My apologies if this post feels impersonal - so many of you have helped us raise Jasper to become the wonderful, hilarious, legend that he was. It would be impossible to reach all of you as I’d like to - truly a dog has never been so loved and supported.

My deepest thanks to everyone at @foxnews and our amazing and loyal audience. You have tolerated my talking about Jasper for years (yes even you @realgreggutfeld and @jessewatters haha), you’ve sent beautiful paintings, and you’ve helped us have so much joy from his life.

What can you do for us? Love each other. Hold on tight to your loved ones - including all of your pets. And love boldly and fully.

Rest In Peace, Jasper. Rest In Peace.

And thank you @fivefanps for this wonderful tribute photo. And all the other ones you’ve done. Thank you.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dana-perinos-beloved-dog-jasper-passes-away-at-age-9
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 01:49:22 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Dana Perino announces 'America's Dog' Jasper has died
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 02:49:51 am »
She has my sympathies, I think most if not all of know what it's like to lose one of our fur friends.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 02:58:31 am »
She has my sympathies, I think most if not all of know what it's like to lose one of our fur friends.
Yes. Much harder than I thought it would be.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 03:05:20 am »

I curently have a 15+year old mini-Schnauzer who no longer gets around all that well.  We are dreading what we know is coming greatly.

It  amounts to losing a member of the family.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 09:26:48 am »

It’s gut retching. You know that you’ll outlive our fur buddies, but when it happens, it tears your heart asunder.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 06:47:22 pm »

@skeeter

I will never get over the loss of my dobie.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 08:10:02 pm »
I curently have a 15+year old mini-Schnauzer who no longer gets around all that well.  We are dreading what we know is coming greatly.

Yep... Ol Chewy is getting on... He's maybe 10 or 12, which is right about on the 'use by' date for an Ozzie.

It's coming, sure as God makes little green apples, a doom rising on the horizon... And I am right on the cusp of getting another so Chewy can help raise him up, and so the pup can help Chew along (he's starting to go blind and deaf)... You've been around cow dogs I'd reckon, and you know they learn best by osmosis (knowledge handed down by an elder dog) to a large degree...

It should not be a hard decision, but for the first time in my life, I am considering a house without a dog... A strange thing to me, as I have never been longer than a couple weeks without one in the course of my whole life.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 08:11:27 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 08:12:48 pm »
It’s gut retching. You know that you’ll outlive our fur buddies, but when it happens, it tears your heart asunder.

And the only thing that fixes it is... Another dog... Setting you up for yet another heartbreak somewhere out there. And so it goes.

Offline roamer_1

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2021, 08:15:30 pm »
I still miss my pal....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2021, 08:32:55 pm »

Yes...very painful indeed... :crying:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 08:40:11 pm »

Same with my 13 year old Boston. Lost his sister a couple of years ago - worst day of my life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 08:47:06 pm »
It is really heart wrenching to lose a furry buddy; we lost 2 within 6 months.  We got Geronimo when he was about 8 weeks old and he turned 7 in May.  Because of our health issues, I don't think we'll be getting another dog.  Last thing we want to do is get a pup and not be able to care for him/her and have to give them up down the road.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.