Author Topic: Why Don’t They Believe Us?  (Read 159 times)

Online DB

Why Don’t They Believe Us?
« on: September 03, 2021, 03:14:43 pm »
BY KONSTANTIN KISIN
AUGUST 10, 2021

"Imagine you’re a normal person. The year is 2016. Rightly or wrongly, you believe most of what you see in the media. You believe polls are broadly reflective of public opinion. You believe doctors and scientists are trustworthy and independent. You’re a decent, reasonable person who follows the rules and trusts the authorities.

Imagine your shock, then, when Brexit, which you were assured couldn’t happen because it was a fringe movement led by racists for racists, happens. The polls, which widely predicted it wouldn’t happen, were wrong. The experts and pundits who told you day after day that it wouldn’t happen were also wrong. “Oh well,” you say, “these things happen.”

Imagine that soon after Brexit, Donald Trump is running for president. You are told by the most trustworthy media outlets that he is going to lose. Some experts say his opponent has a 99% chance of winning. Imagine waking up the morning after the election to discover that the pollsters, experts, and politicians you still trusted were wrong again. Now the racist monster who you were told would never get near the White House is the leader of the free world."

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/vaccines-konstantin-kisin

Online DB

Re: Why Don’t They Believe Us?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 03:46:41 pm »
BTTT...

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 03:53:10 pm »
I prefer experts who are correct, or at least, admit when they are wrong.

Doubling down on failure is not a winning strategy.  Any degenerate gambler's loan shark will tell you that.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 06:37:05 pm »
Believing the media, you CANNOT replace Gavin Newsom of Caly-fornia, neither can you replace Biden regardless of how incompetent or derelict of his duties.  Of course you could still try and impeach Trump on specious and imagined lies....
Trusting in globalist media voodoo prophets might just be a problem, eh?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 07:00:19 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online DB

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 11:30:35 pm »
BTTT...

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2021, 12:04:07 am »
RULE NUMBER ONE: The government is NOT here to help. That is a damnable lie. Always. The government big enough to help you is big enough to enslave you, and you can guess which way that goes, every_single_time.

And RULE NUMBER TWO: A media that pimps for the government is not doing its job, and has failed to perform.

In that context, ask the question again.  :beer:

Offline dancer

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 12:51:53 pm »
Despite these sad times, I remain optimistic.  People are finally being shaken out of their complacency and waking up!  About time.   :patriot: