Author Topic: Democrats point to Texas abortion ban in bid to juice midterm turnout  (Read 229 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats point to Texas abortion ban in bid to juice midterm turnout
By Julia Manchester - 09/02/21 06:00 AM EDT

Democrats and abortion activists are gearing up to go on the offensive ahead of the midterms, and they plan to use Texas’s newly enacted all-but-total ban on abortions as Exhibit A in their quest to get voters to the ballot box.

The Texas legislation, known as S.B. 8, bans abortions after a heartbeat is detected, which can be as early as six weeks and is before many women know they are pregnant. The measure, which essentially leaves enforcement in the hands of Texas residents by allowing them to sue anyone suspected of aiding an abortion, went into effect at midnight Wednesday after the Supreme Court refused to block it.

The Supreme Court refused to block the law in a 5-4 ruling. The court's majority said abortion providers failed to make a persuasive argument for the court to intervene but said that the challengers had raised “serious questions” about the law’s constitutionality.

Opponents of the Texas law, which puts the landmark Roe v. Wade decision in jeopardy, argue it's a prime example of state-level elections having consequences.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/570465-democrats-point-to-texas-abortion-ban-in-bid-to-juice-midterm-turnout
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Democrats point to Texas abortion ban in bid to juice midterm turnout
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 10:50:22 pm »
My prediction is that the Supreme Court eventually will invalidate the Texas law, but only after specific cases filed by individuals come before it.

If the Texas law stands, look for it to energize the dem-communist opposition.
The results of such mobilization may come as a shock to conservatives and traditional-minded Texans...

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 12:12:41 am »
Always seeking opportunities to get more Americans butchered, and SOOOOOO successful amongst the clueless.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 01:08:00 am »
My prediction is that the Supreme Court eventually will invalidate the Texas law, but only after specific cases filed by individuals come before it.

If the Texas law stands, look for it to energize the dem-communist opposition.
The results of such mobilization may come as a shock to conservatives and traditional-minded Texans...

Another possible outcome is the law is upheld and Roe is overturned throwing the issue back to the States where it belongs.

I know if abortion is determined at the State level I won't like what some States decide on it and I will like what other States decide.

A lady I talked with today brought up the Texas law and I responded, "this is what you get when you go to the extreme of promoting abortion even after a child is born". Her whole argument rested on "it's a choice". To my way of thinking the "choice" was made when the woman decided to have sex. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 01:20:15 am »
Another possible outcome is the law is upheld and Roe is overturned throwing the issue back to the States where it belongs.

I know if abortion is determined at the State level I won't like what some States decide on it and I will like what other States decide.

A lady I talked with today brought up the Texas law and I responded, "this is what you get when you go to the extreme of promoting abortion even after a child is born". Her whole argument rested on "it's a choice". To my way of thinking the "choice" was made when the woman decided to have sex.

She is correct. Murder is a choice and there is consequences of murdering someone. If her assertion is correct and there is no consequences for murder then I wonder if she would haveca problem with someone choosing to murder her?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 01:48:11 am »
Texas rats are still longing for the days of Ann Richards.  All they have is her loser daughter, Cecile.  And that bitch ain't got the chops to lead anything but a fetal tissue sale to china.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 06:17:43 am »
Ah, let's continue with mass genocide.  Heck, it's a woman's choice don't you know.

Seven lying POS lawyers sitting on the Supreme Court, all men, never elected to their position, made the decision to condemn 60 million of our most defenseless, not considered human by these *sshats, to DEATH!!!  And counting!!!

The USA has condemned its future with this policy.

How will this degenerate society play in history 200 years from now?  Not well, I believe.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2021, 10:31:03 pm »
It will be an eternal damnation of this nation the endless massive wickedness-es perpetrated by government leaders who were empowered by the votes of people that believed they could not be held accountable for what the leaders they elected did.  So few will enter through the pearly gates because of it.
 :amen:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions