Author Topic: BRAIN SCRAMBLER US Navy building secret weapon that ‘leaves target unable to communicate’ by blastin  (Read 114 times)

rangerrebew

BRAIN SCRAMBLER US Navy building secret weapon that ‘leaves target unable to communicate’ by blasting their own voice back at them

5:16 ET, Aug 26 2021Updated: 6:13 ET, Aug 26 2021

A SONIC weapon that disorientates a target by blasting their own voice back at them is being developed by the US Navy.

The weapon is non lethal but is said to leave a target unable to communicate.
The handheld sonic weapon is designed to disorientate a single target

The handheld sonic weapon is designed to disorientate a single targetCredit: NSWC Crane's application file at the US Patent and Trademark office
The patent for it has been approved

The patent for it has been approvedCredit: Patents.google.com

The conversation-stopping device is called an Acoustic Hailing And Disruption (AHAD) system.

It's handheld and features a long-range microphone that records a target's voice and then amplifies it back to them.

https://www.the-sun.com/tech/3543311/us-navy-secret-sonic-weapon-voice-control/

rangerrebew

It seems to me I've heard of this before.  Even if it's true, it seems like a lot of money and time have gone to a device that disables one person. :shrug:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Um, what about mutes, sign language, hand signals, and signal flags?

Targeted sonic weapons that target the middle ear make sense to disorient and disable opponents.  Anyone who has had a bad middle ear infection will attest to that.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just play "the brown note".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Project "Xylophone" ...?