Author Topic: Joe Manchin Crushes Democrat Dreams and Leaves the Far-Left in Panic Mode  (Read 90 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Manchin Crushes Democrat Dreams and Leaves the Far-Left in Panic Mode
By Bonchie | Sep 02, 2021 8:00 PM ET

I’ve often been hard on Sen. Joe Manchin and for good reason. Too often in the past, he’s presented himself as an unshakable moderate in order to keep his seat in deep-red West Virginia, while at the same time folding on major issues when he gets to Washington.

Yet, I have to give him credit. Under immense pressure from the far-left of his party, including the leadership in Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi, Manchin appears to be stiffening his spine. I’m not saying to trust him just yet, but it’s a good sign.

Today, Manchin penned an op-ed in The Wall Street Journal announcing that he’s not going to go along with the massive, irresponsible, freedom-crushing, $3.5 trillion reconciliation budget proposed by the Democrats. Instead, he’s urging a pause in order to pare things down.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/09/02/joe-manchin-crushes-democrat-dreams-and-leaves-the-far-left-in-panic-mode-n437262
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Joe Manchin Crushes Democrat Dreams and Leaves the Far-Left in Panic Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 01:10:53 pm »
Mojo doesn't really stand for anything, personally, but he knows "far left" doesn't play well in WV.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org