Author Topic: Our Defeat In Afghanistan Is Only The Beginning  (Read 132 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Our Defeat In Afghanistan Is Only The Beginning
« on: September 02, 2021, 02:25:04 pm »
 Our Defeat In Afghanistan Is Only The Beginning

As the post-9/11 chapter closes, a new one begins, marked above all by the end of American deterrence and the eclipse of American power.

By John Daniel Davidson
September 2, 2021

Our total defeat and ignominious, disastrous withdrawal in Afghanistan, after 20 years of war and nation-building, closes a chapter on post-9/11 America — and opens another.

What comes next is to some extent uncertain, but you don’t need to be a grand strategist to see the broad outlines of what is already taking shape.

First and most obvious, Afghanistan will revert to being a terrorist haven. The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, by its very nature, will not keep to itself, the erstwhile assurances of Taliban officials notwithstanding. Every committed jihadist on earth who can get to Afghanistan is headed that way now or making plans to do so.

Our military leaders have already admitted as much. Two weeks ago, well before the suicide bombing attacks that took the lives of 13 American soldiers and scores of Afghans, the Pentagon told U.S. senators that the collapse of the Afghan government and the Taliban takeover means terrorist groups will reconstitute in Afghanistan more quickly than was previously estimated.

On an August 15 phone call with top Biden officials and senators from both parties, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley said the previous assessment, back in June, was that there was a “medium” risk that terrorist groups would form in Afghanistan within two years of the U.S. withdrawal. Asked if he believed that timeline would have to be moved up in light of recent events, Milley reportedly responded, “Yes.”

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/09/02/our-defeat-in-afghanistan-is-only-the-beginning/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Our Defeat In Afghanistan Is Only The Beginning
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 02:49:01 pm »
Only a fool, or an opportunist looking to take advantage of a foolish patsy, would get involved with the United States after Afghanistan.

Most countries are not run by fools. And yes, any aggressive agenda of any country in the world which was put on hold or stopped because of some agreement with NATO or the United States will be very much back in full force. America has no sway. America has no swagger. America has no authority whatsoever internationally anymore.

The Democrats have always said that they wanted America to be more like the rest of the world. Well, they did it. America now has no more gravitas than Nicaragua. We shall see how the Liberals like the results of their global equity goal very soon. Especially when China/Russia/Iran dominate the world with nothing to cause them slow down or rethink anything at all.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 02:51:50 pm »
Only a fool, or an opportunist looking to take advantage of a foolish patsy, would get involved with the United States after Afghanistan.

Most countries are not run by fools. And yes, any aggressive agenda of any country in the world which was put on hold or stopped because of some agreement with NATO or the United States will be very much back in full force. America has no sway. America has no swagger. America has no authority whatsoever internationally anymore.

The Democrats have always said that they wanted America to be more like the rest of the world. Well, they did it. America now has no more gravitas than Nicaragua. We shall see how the Liberals like the results of their global equity goal very soon. Especially when China/Russia/Iran dominate the world with nothing to cause them slow down or rethink anything at all.

Sad but true @240B and my heart aches because of it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 03:06:15 pm »

Sad but true @240B and my heart aches because of it.
@Bigun
It does not matter how big a military is. It does not matter how many soldiers, aircraft, warships, and tanks. If a country is unable or unwilling to use them effectively then all of that is meaningless. Many Nations were intimidated by the sheer magnitude and power of the American armed forces. But that was when they feared America might actually 'use' them one day. Now that the world is sure that America will never launch a serious military campaign against anyone, and now that the world has seen America defeated by a group of toothless 15th century desert nomads with almost nothing, all of America's might is like props on a movie set. They will always have the 'safety on' and they will never be used in earnest in any serious way.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 03:12:57 pm »
@Bigun
It does not matter how big a military is. It does not matter how many soldiers, aircraft, warships, and tanks. If a country is unable or unwilling to use them effectively then all of that is meaningless. Many Nations were intimidated by the sheer magnitude and power of the American armed forces. But that was when they feared America might actually 'use' them one day. Now that the world is sure that America will never launch a serious military campaign against anyone, and now that the world has seen America defeated by a group of toothless 15th century desert nomads with almost nothing, all of America's might is like props on a movie set. They will always have the 'safety on' and they will never be used in earnest in any serious way.

You are preaching to the choir @240B  But it's good to know that others realize the true gravity of the situation.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 10:39:13 pm »
240b wrote:
"The Democrats have always said that they wanted America to be more like the rest of the world. Well, they did it. America now has no more gravitas than Nicaragua."

A pitiful, helpless giant.
Where have I heard that before...?