Author Topic: Florida restaurant owner tells Biden supporters to 'take business elsewhere'  (Read 220 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida restaurant owner tells Biden supporters to 'take business elsewhere'
By Natalie Prieb - 08/31/21 05:50 PM EDT

A Florida restaurant owner angry over the deaths of U.S. soldiers during the evacuation from Afghanistan has a message for supporters of President Biden: "Take your business elsewhere."

Angie Ugarte, the owner of DeBary Diner, posted a sign on her establishment's front door that caught the attention of Fox 35 Orlando.

"If you voted for and continue to support and stand behind the worthless, inept and corrupt administration currently inhabiting the White House that is complicit in the death of our servicemen and women in Afghanistan, please take your business elsewhere," the sign reads.

Ugarte told the local news outlet she posted the sign the same day 13 U.S. service members were killed in an attack at the Kabul airport in Afghanistan, which also killed dozens of Afghan civilians.

"I was just angry. I was just let down," Ugarte said. "I felt like one of those mothers, or wives, or sisters who were gonna get that knock on the door."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/570251-georgia-restaurant-owner-says-biden-supporters-should-take-business
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

Don't read the comments at the link. It will make you puke. I need a shower...

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
"I was just angry. I was just let down," Ugarte said. "I felt like one of those mothers, or wives, or sisters who were gonna get that knock on the door."

I respect her assessment of the Biden administration's incompetence and corruption, and her right to run her business as she sees fit.  If I lived in her town I would be more likely to eat in her restaurant.

But what about the fathers or brothers who might get that knock on the door?  Or the sons who might have lost a father, or even a husband who might have lost a military wife?  I have to wonder why her empathy seems to be reserved for women.  It reminds me of Hillary Clinton's gynocentric claim in 1998 that "women have always been the primary victims of war."
James 1:20

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Don't read the comments at the link. It will make you puke. I need a shower...

A Google search of the diner Tuesday afternoon, however, showed that her message was resonating with local residents. Google's wait time forecast indicated the restaurant was much "busier than usual."

And that is all that matters in the real world.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Let me guess:

A. Ugarte is of Cuban heritage;

B. Ugarte is a vet;

C. Ugarte is the mother or sister of a vet or service member;

D. Some or all of the above.

That should be a very effective Dine-and-Dash rate reduction measure, might even reduce that rate to zero, plus or minus an occasional illiterate LIEden voter.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 03:03:24 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline verga

I respect her assessment of the Biden administration's incompetence and corruption, and her right to run her business as she sees fit.  If I lived in her town I would be more likely to eat in her restaurant.

But what about the fathers or brothers who might get that knock on the door?  Or the sons who might have lost a father, or even a husband who might have lost a military wife?  I have to wonder why her empathy seems to be reserved for women.  It reminds me of Hillary Clinton's gynocentric claim in 1998 that "women have always been the primary victims of war."
Just guessing here, but maybe because she is a woman, she can relate to the female point of view more closely.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.