Author Topic: It is Far More Sinister Than You Think  (Read 196 times)

Online Hoodat

It is Far More Sinister Than You Think
« on: September 01, 2021, 04:54:43 pm »
It is Far More Sinister Than You Think

David McGrath   |   Sep 01, 2021 12:01 AM

More than 800,000 Soldiers, Airmen, Marines and Navy Sailors served in the war in Afghanistan. I am one of them. I worked the streets of Kabul on my last deployment. Day, and night we trudged the mind- bending, stomach- turning streets of the overcrowded streets of Kabul. It amazed me how many people could fit on the back of one motor bike, and how daring civilians were to jump right in front of an armored vehicle with the horn blaring with seemingly no regard for their personal safety.

I became a man there too. I learned a lot about myself. I fought hard there.

~snip~

I got to peek far behind the war curtain on that year-long deployment. I was in a leadership position. I agonized over every one of the thousands of decisions I made that year. There is nothing worse to a soldier than the feeling you get when you may have flubbed something and put another man who wears your unit patch in danger. It is indescribable. You would rather die yourself than to get someone else hurt.

That’s why I cannot fathom the missteps, the almost pathological behavior of President Joe Biden’s administration, and the decisions surrounding ending the Afghanistan conflict. I have to imagine that this is all by design. Nobody could be incompetent enough to give away our most strategic staging area in country: Bagram Air field.  .  .

https://townhall.com/columnists/davidmcgrath/2021/09/01/it-is-far-more-sinister-than-you-think-n2595118
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: It is Far More Sinister Than You Think
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 09:57:40 pm »
There is evil within the WH and the highest echelons of the military.

Any true patriot should have already resigned and the fact that none have speaks volumes of who runs this country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 10:08:58 pm »
This is exactly where we are. Those in power are evil. They are trying to destroy this country. Will we oppose them and, if so, how?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 10:16:43 pm »
A good summation of things.

The decline accelerates.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 01:37:39 am »
It is Far More Sinister Than You Think. David McGrath.
More than 800,000 Soldiers, Airmen, Marines and Navy Sailors served in the war in Afghanistan. I am one of them. I worked the streets of Kabul on my last deployment. Day, and night we trudged the mind- bending, stomach- turning streets of the overcrowded streets of Kabul. It amazed me how many people could fit on the back of one motor bike, and how daring civilians were to jump right in front of an armored vehicle with the horn blaring with seemingly no regard for their personal safety. I became a man there too. I learned a lot about myself. I fought hard there.
I got to peek far behind the war curtain on that year-long deployment. I was in a leadership position. I agonized over every one of the thousands of decisions I made that year. There is nothing worse to a soldier than the feeling you get when you may have flubbed something and put another man who wears your unit patch in danger. It is indescribable. You would rather die yourself than to get someone else hurt.
That’s why I cannot fathom the missteps, the almost pathological behavior of President Joe Biden’s administration, and the decisions surrounding ending the Afghanistan conflict. I have to imagine that this is all by design. Nobody could be incompetent enough to give away our most strategic staging area in country: Bagram Air field.
[/quote]
---------------------------------
Hmm..... Afghanistan, eh?  So let's reflect, a moment, on our international ventures during the last 75 years;
among them Korea, Viet-nam and Iraq, to name a few. Reality is Afghanistan is simply more of the same!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 03:19:51 am »

Any true patriot should have already resigned and the fact that none have speaks volumes of who runs this country.

Yes. I agree. The below is on here. Look at the date, words.
-----------------
Our Military Is A Woke Joke.    Kurt Schlichte    Posted: Aug 16, 2021 12:01 AM

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Townhall.com.

(Lloyd  Austin supporter of BLM, C.R.T. AND GAYS.    LOATHE THIS MAN.=L.A. )

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2021, 04:14:11 pm »
Yes. I agree. The below is on here. Look at the date, words.
-----------------
Our Military Is A Woke Joke.    Kurt Schlichte    Posted: Aug 16, 2021 12:01 AM

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of Townhall.com.

(Lloyd  Austin supporter of BLM, C.R.T. AND GAYS.    LOATHE THIS MAN.=L.A. )
Isn't it lovely having a supporter of a Marxist organization highly placed in the US military?
I suspect we have quite a few.
We need a Joe McCarthy, now more than ever! (We need a Congress full of them!)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2021, 06:59:08 pm »
Isn't it lovely having a supporter of a Marxist organization highly placed in the US military?
I suspect we have quite a few.
We need a Joe McCarthy, now more than ever! (We need a Congress full of them!)
Yep, and affirmative action caused this.

What is truly loathsome are the 43 Senate Republican's who confirmed this disaster and waived the requirement that he be from the ranks of civilians.

Affirmative action kills.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington