Author Topic: This Might Be the Most-Dishonest Bill of the Year  (Read 837 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
This Might Be the Most-Dishonest Bill of the Year
« on: September 02, 2021, 01:11:16 am »
NRA  by Brian McCombie - Tuesday, August 31, 2021

In an extremely misleadingly labelled piece of legislation, Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), and Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) recently introduced “The Accountability for Online Firearms Marketplaces Act.”

“It’s time to start holding accountable those who turn a blind eye to illegal gun sales on their [online] platforms,” said Feinstein. “The only way to reduce the scourge of gun violence plaguing our communities is to close loopholes that allow prohibited people to obtain guns.”

Under the proposed bill, websites that have firearms advertised for sale could be held accountable for any crimes committed by people who use these firearms, even if the websites obeyed all existing laws. This includes websites that do nothing more than share ads; for example, the bill specifically mentions Armslist, a website that displays classified ads for firearms, ammunition, and shooting accessories. 

“Online gun marketplaces fail to take common-sense safety measures to prevent illegal gun sales on their platforms,” said Whitehouse. “There is no reason why a retailer should be allowed to evade responsibility simply because they operate online. It’s time to close this cyber loophole and protect against more unnecessary suffering.”

More: https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2021/8/31/this-might-be-the-most-dishonest-bill-of-the-year

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: This Might Be the Most-Dishonest Bill of the Year
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 12:10:14 pm »
Utter nonsense. Online firearm sales are subject to the same rules any FFL transaction is.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 12:25:27 pm »
Utter nonsense. Online firearm sales are subject to the same rules any FFL transaction is.

I've purchased most of my firearms online, followed by gun shows. All thru FFLs. Purchasing online, one actually goes thru two FFLs. The seller and the local FFL the firearm is shipped to. I also have purchased or were gifted firearms from individuals as well. And some from local gun stores. Very few new purchases. My oldest is a Colt Fourth Model Deringer, but my 577/450 Gahendra may be older depending on when each was manufactured.

Offline art.prout

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 12:25:48 pm »

:yowsa:

That is clear, and obvious.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 12:37:26 pm »
Someone over here talking about me again???

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline art.prout

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 12:53:41 pm »
Someone over here talking about me again???

They call him "bill" Clinton, because he acts with deceit and malice, and sends us all the "bill."

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2021, 03:52:13 pm »
I guess the question is whether this is a show piece for the ignorant, or whether that is just the cover for some other sneaky crap hidden in the legislation.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2021, 04:51:29 pm »
BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2021, 05:12:04 pm »
They call him "bill" Clinton, because he acts with deceit and malice, and sends us all the "bill."
He may have been the king once, but he's a piker compared to Joe. Who knows how many years or decades 'getting Bidened' will replace the old getting screwed, reamed or F'd over.