Author Topic: New climate fear: Earthworms! ‘Climate scientists are worried’ earthworms ‘could potentially be cont  (Read 157 times)

rangerrebew

New climate fear: Earthworms! ‘Climate scientists are worried’ earthworms ‘could potentially be contributing to climate change’ – ‘A surprisingly destructive force’

Justine Lejoly, a soil scientist with the University of Alberta in Edmonton researching the effects of earthworms on soil carbon dynamics, says the earthworms' voracious appetite has serious implications for the boreal forest's capacity to store carbon.

#

Scientists say some earthworm species are potentially speeding up climate change by feeding on leaves, then pooping out a mix that's fodder to tiny microbes and fungi that spew carbon into the atmosphere. By contrast, other worms are helping lock carbon in soil.

By: Admin - Climate DepotAugust 31, 2021 8:59 AM

https://www.cbc.ca/news/science/invasive-earthworms-threat-forests-climate-change-1.6154164

Invasive earthworms are remaking our forests, and climate scientists are worried
Worms are radically changing our forests’ soils and depleting terrestrial carbon stocks

By Maya Lach-Aidelbaum · CBC News

For the past 300 years, a slow-motion invasion has been unfolding under our feet.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2021/08/31/new-climate-fear-earthworms-climate-scientists-are-worried-earthworms-could-potentially-be-contributing-to-climate-change-a-surprisingly-destructive-force/

Offline EdinVA

Offline Kamaji

You've got to be kidding me.

Offline DB

Whatever it takes for a government grant... Actual science went out the window some time ago...

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"Justine Lejoly, a soil scientist with the University of Alberta in Edmonton researching the effects of earthworms on soil carbon dynamics, says the earthworms' voracious appetite has serious implications for the boreal forest's capacity to store carbon. "

The mere fact that somebody or some organization is paying for this stupidity is just more proof of the decline of western civilization.

Not too long ago, Science was configured to save us.  Now the opposite is mostly in effect.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 03:26:12 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

The spice must flow.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Gotta love all these people who insist the processes that have kept nature going for millions, hundreds of millions of years, are just WRONG!

(Deluded fools think they are smarter than The Creator. )

But then, there are artists, and there are critics... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

My husband and sons will happily volunteer to help mitigate this impending disaster by drowning a few of those climate-destroying earthworms in the local fishing hole.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

rangerrebew

Haven't global warming whackos suggested eating worms and crickets rather than cows?  If the worms are so harmful, they'll have to be exterminated which means chemicals throughout the world in the soil.  Oh my, what will we do? OMGGGGGGG