Author Topic: McCarthy says GOP 'will not forget' if companies hand records to Jan. 6 committee  (Read 337 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy says GOP 'will not forget' if companies hand records to Jan. 6 committee
By Rebecca Beitsch - 08/31/21 06:47 PM EDT

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said Tuesday that Republicans “will not forget” if telecommunications companies turn phone and email records over to the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

The comment follows the select committee sending a letters to 35 companies Monday asking them to preserve a number of records – something McCarthy argues “would put every American with a phone or computer in the crosshairs of a surveillance state run by Democratic politicians.”

The letters do not reveal whose information is being sought but specifically ask for the records of those involved in rallies to protest the certification of election results – a group that includes lawmakers.

“If these companies comply with the Democrat order to turn over private information, they are in violation of federal law and subject to losing their ability to operate in the United States,” McCarthy wrote.

McCarthy did not cite what law prohibits telecommunications companies from complying with the committee’s request.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/570275-mccarthy-says-gop-will-not-forget-if-companies-hand-record-to-jan-6-committee
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 11:24:49 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Odd, all these threats and invasions of law abiding citizens privacies. Those that took part in the violent part of jan 6th capital attacks, the violent participants either got rewarded or much ignored.  Its the innocent that got murdered and treated like criminals..  bass-ackwards domestically and in foreign lands, democrats are indeed consistent some times,eh?
As the good book warned, confusion when the wicked reigns, eh?

yet of democrat stooges burning down American cities last year, and being the violent part of the jan 6th capital attacks
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Chilling........, the left would love nothing better to get to all of our electronic communications.

Stalin would be proud.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Killer Clouds

I'm sure McCarthy's threat have the whole DCP and all of it's disciples shaking in their boots. NOT!

Offline EdinVA

So it is important to the GOP to "protect" the privacy of politicians but private citizens?  Not so much.

Offline cato potatoe

Why doesn't the committee ask the NSA?  No sense in duplicating efforts.

Offline Kamaji

What does "will not forget" actually entail?  Will there be a real effort to put some bite into that, or will it be limited to just writing some really harsh, stinging sentences about these companies in the inevitable retirement memoir?

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
What does "will not forget" actually entail?  Will there be a real effort to put some bite into that, or will it be limited to just writing some really harsh, stinging sentences about these companies in the inevitable retirement memoir?

Will not forget?

This will be the first act of the newly gaveled Majority Leader McCarthy.....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If McCarthy overtly threatens parties for lawfully complying with Congressional subpoenas, does he run the risk of committing obstruction of Congress?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Killer Clouds

Will not forget?

This will be the first act of the newly gaveled Majority Leader McCarthy.....

Hopefully McCarthy will never be speaker. We would be much worse than Ryan or Pelosi at that job. Well he'd be exactly like Pelosi anyway.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It means he thinks that the suckers that registered republican will buy his 'butch up act' while doing nothing as usual and later he and the other GOP 'leadership' will sit around drinking and laughing about how they conned the suckers again.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If McCarthy overtly threatens parties for lawfully complying with Congressional subpoenas, does he run the risk of committing obstruction of Congress?

That is a tiger with no teeth.  They can't do shit.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdinVA

That is a tiger with no teeth.  They can't do shit.

The democrats ignored the subpoena for years and nothing ever happened to them...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The democrats ignored the subpoena for years and nothing ever happened to them...

My point exactly.   888high58888
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

Are they under subpoena or are they fishing for records?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The landscape is littered with things our feckless congress would never forget!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

It means he thinks that the suckers that registered republican will buy his 'butch up act' while doing nothing as usual and later he and the other GOP 'leadership' will sit around drinking and laughing about how they conned the suckers again.

Agree and 'DUH'...on his comment.  "don't remember," fine them..something!  He could start with REMOVAL OF '230'. 
POTUS TRUMP...tried 3 times. In 2019, he wanted 230 removed. McConnell removed it, from bill. THAT RINO!  All traitors to America. Then, two more times in stimulus bills...again..removed, from bill. It is YouTube, twitter, FB..all those place's that censor us. ALL RINO'S ARE WORTHLESS. AKA DEMON-RATS. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 09:18:19 pm by LegalAmerican »