Author Topic: Live Thread 6: The Fall of Afghanistan  (Read 13936 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Live Thread 6: The Fall of Afghanistan
« Reply #950 on: September 05, 2021, 07:00:52 pm »
It Begins: Planes of Americans and Afghan Allies Currently Being Held Hostage by Taliban

Joe Biden is on vacation in Delaware despite the fact that there are an unknown number of Americans still trapped in Afghanistan, not to mention thousands of Afghan allies to whom we had an obligation who were also left.

Biden’s own officials put the number at about 200 people (although they tried to argue it was closer to 100). But 100, 200, or likely far more — he shouldn’t be on vacation. He should be working around the clock to get them out.

Despite the fact that Joe doesn’t seem to care, others do and have been working to try to get folks out. A variety of NGOs, members of Congress, and veterans groups have been doing all they can to help the stranded Americans.

But now there’s word that one effort to rescue people is being stopped by those very guys that the Biden administration described as “helpful” — the Taliban.

CBS Foreign Affairs correspondent Eena Ruffini said that there are multiple flights of hundreds of evacuees, including 19 Americans, trying to get out in Mazar-i-Sharif being held up by the Taliban.

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/09/05/it-begins-planes-of-americans-and-afghan-allies-currently-being-held-hostage-by-taliban-n438367
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #951 on: September 05, 2021, 07:03:05 pm »
Planes of Americans and Afghan Allies Currently Being Held Hostage by Taliban

Gee! Who saw that coming? /S
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #952 on: September 05, 2021, 07:14:34 pm »
GOP Lawmakers Drop Bombs: Stranded Americans Being Held ‘Hostage’ By Taliban Who ‘Want Something’ In Exchange for Release

https://trendingpolitics.com/gop-lawmakers-drop-bombs-stranded-americans-being-held-hostage-by-taliban-who-want-something-in-exchange-for-release/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #953 on: September 05, 2021, 07:18:15 pm »
GOP Lawmakers Drop Bombs: Stranded Americans Being Held ‘Hostage’ By Taliban Who ‘Want Something’ In Exchange for Release

https://trendingpolitics.com/gop-lawmakers-drop-bombs-stranded-americans-being-held-hostage-by-taliban-who-want-something-in-exchange-for-release/

DUH!!  ...told you so!

But my latest theory is that Obama & 'Friends', who purposefully left weapons, ammunitions, vehicles and aircraft to the Taliban have figured this to be another approach to freeing up their frozen assets and/or funds.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #959 on: September 05, 2021, 07:54:10 pm »
Oh I'm sure that many want to stay, who wouldn't want to stay in a medieval culture were if you are a man you might be killed raped and chopped up or burned to death or hung from a helicopter. And if you are a woman , beaten and raped or raped and beaten, sold into marriage and then sold again and if you raise any objection you can look forward to being beaten to death. Just the sort of idyllic place to settle for retirement.

And suddenly we are down to 'around' a hundred Americans left in Afghanistan, wasn't it 'around' five hundred when Biden, Austin and Milley cut and ran like little girls confronted with a snake? Another few days and there won't have been any Americans left behind, I mean who's going to contradict Captain Dementia's Clown Posse, the Taliwhackers?
About that math, I thought there were fifteen thousand Americans there, and we got five thousand out.

Maybe I didn't learn common core math, but by my figuring, that leaves ten thousand unaccounted for.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #961 on: September 05, 2021, 10:27:19 pm »
We're watching a hostage situation develop in real time and the leadership of this country is in hiding.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #962 on: September 05, 2021, 11:45:22 pm »
We're watching a hostage situation develop in real time and the leadership of this country is in hiding.

Carter didn't even do that in 1979
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #963 on: September 05, 2021, 11:52:58 pm »

I was thinking the same thing.  This has been done purposefully with evil intent.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #964 on: September 05, 2021, 11:55:52 pm »
I was thinking the same thing.  This has been done purposefully with evil intent.

They're testing Biden....I don't know why they should already know that he's a traitorous POS who would sell out Americans
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #965 on: September 06, 2021, 12:06:55 am »
They're testing Biden....I don't know why they should already know that he's a traitorous POS who would sell out Americans

They know what he is, now they're just haggling over the price for US taxpayers and soldiers' lives.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #966 on: September 06, 2021, 12:43:35 am »

That's right. Even he had the cajones to try and rescue our people.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #967 on: September 06, 2021, 01:01:21 am »
Not the first time this has been reported ...   9999hair out0000

State Dept blocking private rescue flights from leaving Afghanistan, organizers say: 'Blood is on their hands'

Americans engaged in the rescue of U.S. citizens, SIVs and green card holders left behind by President Biden in Afghanistan are horrified by what they describe as inexplicable delays from the State Department that are preventing evacuation flights from leaving the country.

The State Department's delays are recklessly endangering American lives, three different individuals involved in the private evacuation effort told Fox News.

Rick Clay, who runs the private rescue group PlanB, told Fox News that the State Department is the only thing preventing the flights he's organizing from leaving Afghanistan.

Two other American individuals separately involved in evacuation efforts, whom Fox News is not naming to avoid jeopardizing ongoing rescue efforts, similarly said that the State Department is the sole entity preventing their charter flights from leaving Afghanistan. ...............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/state-department-blocking-private-evacuation-flights-afghanistan

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #968 on: September 06, 2021, 03:06:55 am »
‘Disgraceful’: Among those stranded in Afghanistan are employees of US Agency for Global Media

American Military News by Deirdre Shesgreen - USA Today   September 05, 2021

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/09/disgraceful-among-those-stranded-in-afghanistan-are-employees-of-us-agency-for-global-media/

Thousands of Americans and Afghans stranded in Afghanistan are at risk of Taliban retribution, but one group stands out: employees of the U.S. Agency for Global Media, a federal agency funded by Congress that operates Voice of America and other media outlets dedicated to promoting American-style democracy around the world.

Any individual affiliated with a U.S.-based organization — let alone one that promotes American democracy and a free press — is vulnerable to possible reprisals. The Taliban, which now controls Afghanistan, has been openly hostile to Western journalists.

“We are incredibly disappointed that our efforts over the past few weeks to get our colleagues safe passage out of Afghanistan have been unsuccessful,” said acting VOA director Yolanda López. “We have been working day and night, pursuing every available option, only to hit countless obstacles and roadblocks.”

Rep. Michael McCaul, the top Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said 500 employees and family members of the agency were left behind.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #969 on: September 06, 2021, 03:17:45 am »
‘Disgraceful’: Among those stranded in Afghanistan are employees of US Agency for Global Media

American Military News by Deirdre Shesgreen - USA Today   September 05, 2021

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/09/disgraceful-among-those-stranded-in-afghanistan-are-employees-of-us-agency-for-global-media/
I just read that at least one of the grounded planes is Glenn Beck's.

BassWrangler

« Reply #970 on: September 06, 2021, 09:41:20 am »
Saw this pic over in the Pookie's Toons thread (the top part, not the pic of that jackass Biden). It really got to me. All this was so unnecessary. We could have withdrawn in an orderly manner.

« Reply #972 on: September 06, 2021, 12:16:31 pm »