Author Topic: Live Thread 6: The Fall of Afghanistan  (Read 13879 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Live Thread 6: The Fall of Afghanistan
« Reply #925 on: September 05, 2021, 01:32:43 am »
This guy is lying to save his butt!

Milley: ‘What You Saw Unfold’ with Afghanistan Evacuation Was One of the Plans, ‘There Was an Extensive Amount of Planning in This’

Ian Hanchett 4 Sep 2021

During an interview with Fox News National Security Correspondent Jennifer Griffin aired on Saturday’s “Fox Report,” Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley said that the speed of the collapse of Afghanistan’s military and government was a surprise, and “what you saw unfold with this noncombatant evacuation operation was one of the contingency plans.” And “There was an extensive amount of planning in this.”

Milley said, [relevant remarks begin around 2:20] “I think a couple of things. One, is the collapse of the Afghan Army happened at a much faster rate and very unexpected, by pretty much everybody, and then with that is the collapse of the Afghan government. So, that was definitely a surprise. But I will say that there was an awful lot of planning done, ROC drills, rehearsals, etc. And what you saw unfold with this noncombatant evacuation operation was one of the contingency plans. And the speed at which it was executed, the flow of the aircraft, we had planes taking off every 30 to 45 minutes or so. We had — we brought in 7,000 — or 6,000 U.S. troops, and then there [were] about a thousand or more or so Afghan troops that secured HKIA. The first day, it was clearly chaotic, no question about it. You saw that on video, etc. But within about 24 hours, that settled down and it became a much more orderly process. The security of HKIA was challenging to say the least, and we saw the bombing. But that would have happened no matter where it was. People talk about Bagram, wherever there’s a perimeter, if there’s no outside force, if there’s no Afghan force securing it, and there wasn’t any, then there’s going to be U.S. forces on the perimeter, on the edge. And they were doing what they were asked to do, which is go out and screen and process people.”

He continued, “So, were there — there’s a lot of lessons learned. And I think we’re going to go through that in a very systematic way. I know we are on the Joint Staff. I know Central Command will. And I’m sure the other departmental agencies will. From a military standing point though — military planning standpoint…those plans were done in detail. … There was an extensive amount of planning in this.”

Milley further stated that when the Afghan government and military collapsed, it forced a change of plans due to the “permissive” environment.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/09/04/milley-what-you-saw-unfold-with-afghanistan-evacuation-was-one-of-the-plans-there-was-an-extensive-amount-of-planning-in-this/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #926 on: September 05, 2021, 01:37:27 am »
Milley: Afghan forces ‘not designed appropriately’ to secure nation in ‘lessons learned’ following withdrawal
General Milley says the Afghan government lacked 'legitimacy in the eyes of the people'

By Jennifer Griffin , Caitlin McFall | Fox News

In an exclusive television interview with Fox News’ Jennifer Griffin, General Mark Milley said that one of the "lessons learned" from the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan was the pitfalls realized in the Afghan security forces. 

"The Army itself – the army and the police forces were a mirror image in many ways – and we created and developed forces that looked like Western forces," Milley explained. "I think one of the big lessons learned here is maybe those forces were not designed appropriately for the type of mission."

The general, who spoke to Fox News at the Ramstein Air Base in Germany, said the fall of the Afghan government occurred much sooner than officials had expected, despite thorough planning in the withdrawal of U.S. forces. 

"The collapse of the Afghan army happened at a much faster rate and [was] very unexpected by pretty much everybody," he said. "And then with that is the collapse of the Afghan government."

"Afghanistan has always been a very difficult issue," he later added.

The general told Fox News that a lack of faith in the government by Afghan citizens ultimately enabled the Taliban takeover.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/milley-afghan-forces-not-designed-appropriately-to-secure-nation-in-lessons-learned-following-withdrawal
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online libertybele

« Reply #927 on: September 05, 2021, 01:43:06 am »

Milley: ‘What You Saw Unfold’ with Afghanistan Evacuation Was One of the Plans, ‘There Was an Extensive Amount of Planning in This’

Ian Hanchett 4 Sep 2021

During an interview with Fox News National Security Correspondent Jennifer Griffin aired on Saturday’s “Fox Report,” Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley said that the speed of the collapse of Afghanistan’s military and government was a surprise, and “what you saw unfold with this noncombatant evacuation operation was one of the contingency plans.” And “There was an extensive amount of planning in this.”

Milley said, [relevant remarks begin around 2:20] “I think a couple of things. One, is the collapse of the Afghan Army happened at a much faster rate and very unexpected, by pretty much everybody, and then with that is the collapse of the Afghan government. So, that was definitely a surprise. But I will say that there was an awful lot of planning done, ROC drills, rehearsals, etc. And what you saw unfold with this noncombatant evacuation operation was one of the contingency plans. And the speed at which it was executed, the flow of the aircraft, we had planes taking off every 30 to 45 minutes or so. We had — we brought in 7,000 — or 6,000 U.S. troops, and then there [were] about a thousand or more or so Afghan troops that secured HKIA. The first day, it was clearly chaotic, no question about it. You saw that on video, etc. But within about 24 hours, that settled down and it became a much more orderly process. The security of HKIA was challenging to say the least, and we saw the bombing. But that would have happened no matter where it was. People talk about Bagram, wherever there’s a perimeter, if there’s no outside force, if there’s no Afghan force securing it, and there wasn’t any, then there’s going to be U.S. forces on the perimeter, on the edge. And they were doing what they were asked to do, which is go out and screen and process people.”

He continued, “So, were there — there’s a lot of lessons learned. And I think we’re going to go through that in a very systematic way. I know we are on the Joint Staff. I know Central Command will. And I’m sure the other departmental agencies will. From a military standing point though — military planning standpoint…those plans were done in detail. … There was an extensive amount of planning in this.”

Milley further stated that when the Afghan government and military collapsed, it forced a change of plans due to the “permissive” environment.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/09/04/milley-what-you-saw-unfold-with-afghanistan-evacuation-was-one-of-the-plans-there-was-an-extensive-amount-of-planning-in-this/

Yes he IS lying to try to save his butt! His "stories" just don't add up with the information that has been reported by others.     No worries.  He's on team Biden.  He won't be held accountable  Using Joe's words, he's a lying dog-faced pony soldier.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #928 on: September 05, 2021, 04:08:28 am »
White Suburban voters need to stop being so stupid.

Republicans need to start fielding better candidates in the suburbs.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #929 on: September 05, 2021, 01:48:26 pm »
EXCLUSIVE: Private Afghanistan Evacuation Team Criticizes Biden Administration Officials Who ‘Did Absolutely Nothing’ To Help Girls Escape Taliban

Jennie Taer
Investigative Reporter
September 03, 2021 6:30 PM ET

Robert Stryk revealed the names exclusively to the Daily Caller News Foundation of the Biden administration officials he said failed to support his team’s private evacuation effort out of Afghanistan.
    One of the emails was a “911” message, asking Deputy National Security Advisor Jon Finer for his help in getting 280 vulnerable girls to the airport. Finer had previously acknowledged the team’s effort to get Americans and Afghans out of the country.
    “This was an unholy alliance between the United States government and the Taliban,” Stryk said. “These girls were left to fend for themselves.”

The Biden administration ignored several pleas for help from an American evacuation team in the waning days of the Afghanistan withdrawal, emails reviewed by the Daily Caller News Foundation show.

The team had contacted senior officials in the administration to help evacuate people from Afghanistan before the U.S. withdrawal, according to emails obtained by the DCNF. They were working to get Americans and vulnerable Afghans out of the country, but it was a difficult task to do alone, according to the team.

Robert Stryk, who earlier spoke with the DCNF about his frustrations with the administration before Aug. 31, said Deputy National Security Advisor Jon Finer failed to act on his team’s desperate pleas for help in getting hundreds of girls out of Afghanistan as the U.S. withdrawal deadline approached.

Stryk is the head of a Washington-based lobbying firm that was paid in 2017 by the government of Afghanistan for “US Government affairs and commercial sector advice. Executive Branch and Legislative Branch Engagement; Defense consultation; strategic advice pertaining to extremism/terrorism; and promotion of democracy and foreign direct investment.”

Stryk was emotional in an exclusive phone interview with the DCNF when he described a dire request his team made to Finer. The email was a “911” sent Aug. 28 asking Finer to help get 280 vulnerable girls to the airport. Finer had responded to an earlier message sent Aug. 16 from Stryk’s team about their efforts to get Americans and vulnerable Afghans out of Afghanistan.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/09/03/exclusive-private-afghanistan-evacuation-team-criticizes-biden-administration-officials-who-did-absolutely-nothing-to-help-girls-escape-taliban/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #930 on: September 05, 2021, 01:51:50 pm »
’13 Americans died so you could eat that meal’: Afghan ‘refugee’ at Fort Bliss gripes about dinner selection
September 5, 2021 | Vivek Saxena

An Afghan refugee who reportedly left “his family behind” in the now-Taliban-controlled nation of Afghanistan triggered a whirlwind of angry backlash on Twitter last Thursday after he posted a tweet that some perceived as ungrateful.

https://twitter.com/ahmadihamed_/status/1433375771414913031

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/09/05/13-americans-died-so-you-could-eat-that-meal-afghan-refugee-at-fort-bliss-gripes-about-dinner-selection-1129753/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #931 on: September 05, 2021, 02:24:24 pm »
‘Refugees Pushed Their Way Onto Planes’: NY Times Demolishes Biden Admin’s Claims of Orderly, Thorough Afghan Evacuation

https://conservativebrief.com/afghan-evacuation-50403/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #932 on: September 05, 2021, 02:24:53 pm »
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #933 on: September 05, 2021, 03:16:46 pm »
’13 Americans died so you could eat that meal’: Afghan ‘refugee’ at Fort Bliss gripes about dinner selection
September 5, 2021 | Vivek Saxena

Next he'll be griping about the lack of goats to fornicate with.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #934 on: September 05, 2021, 03:28:01 pm »

Ian Hanchett 4 Sep 2021

Blatant lying.

A military leader who chooses to examine after-the-fact instead of planning before-the-fact is an incompetent military leader and will get his troops killed.

This we have already seen happen.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idiot

« Reply #935 on: September 05, 2021, 03:41:22 pm »
False

The GOP will capture the House next year and possibly the Senate.

They came close to doing both in a year(2020) that was supposed to favor Democrats

Anyone want to argue that things have gotten much better under Democratic "leadership?"

I understand it's our nature to be full of gloom and doom and see no hope but the future is hopeful. The Democrats, in general, and Biden, more specifically, are in a free fall. What surprised me is how fast the voters have figured it out. I thought it would take a couple of years. Yes, we will go through some dark times. But even the worst of storms eventually give way to sunny days.

Not only is Biden becoming more unpopular but it's worse for Harris.

The GOP needs to keep attracting the voters that Trump brought to the party but also reclaim the white, suburban voters that rejected Trump in 2020.

None of this will be easy. But the country is worth fighting for.

The GOP needs to loudly and proudly push free markets and personal freedoms. We need a "Squad."
I wholeheartedly disagree.  All I have to do is look at my brother and his family and I see that all is lost.  He and his wife have been indoctrinated as well as their kids.  They started out very conservative and are now more liberal by the day.  Heck even his daughter (my niece) is seeking to work for a democrat congressman or senator in DC this next year.  I see our country as lost....  When the current administration is offering free money for no work....how can you counter that?  We are finished as a country.  Thank the Lord that my home is not here but in heaven.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #936 on: September 05, 2021, 03:52:42 pm »
In the real world of fair elections, the dims should go down like the Titanic in 2022 and 2024.

What 2020  taught the DNC is that stealing elections works, and there is nothing that can be done about it.  I might be wrong, but the precedence has been set, and they will only get better at it
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #937 on: September 05, 2021, 04:00:39 pm »
I wholeheartedly disagree.  All I have to do is look at my brother and his family and I see that all is lost.  He and his wife have been indoctrinated as well as their kids.  They started out very conservative and are now more liberal by the day.  Heck even his daughter (my niece) is seeking to work for a democrat congressman or senator in DC this next year.  I see our country as lost....  When the current administration is offering free money for no work....how can you counter that?  We are finished as a country.  Thank the Lord that my home is not here but in heaven.

And you’re entitled to disagree. But are Biden and Democrat positions becoming more or less popular   amongst  the public?

Do majority support or oppose wide open borders? How about defunding police? Are Americans happy with the direction of the country under Biden? Does critical race theory have widespread public support? How is that inflation going? The Afghanistan debacle was the straw that broke the camels back. We’re watching all the so-called smart people fail miserably. And the public is seeing it, too

Again, it’s our nature to be pessimistic  and there are some very grave concerns and things look very bleak at the moment. The work going forward will be very hard but not insurmountable.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #938 on: September 05, 2021, 04:09:37 pm »
steve hilton
@SteveHiltonx
·
27m
surprise! Biden lackeys in establishment media Sunday shows "move on" from Biden's Afghanistan crimes

Americans left behind enemy lines...new safe haven for terrorists...America's reputation and authority destroyed...who cares? let's move on!

well WE care and we WON'T 'move on'
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #939 on: September 05, 2021, 04:34:36 pm »
Sam Brown
@CaptainSamBrown
·
38m
To add insult to injury Gen. Milley did an interview defending the Afghanistan withdrawal & said that things essentially went as planned.

This administration’s lack of accountability & refusal to acknowledge mistakes is deeply troubling.

This was not an “extraordinary success.”
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #940 on: September 05, 2021, 04:37:36 pm »
Arthur Schwartz
@ArthurSchwartz
·
1h
We’re importing future Ilhan Omars to the US and leaving American citizens stranded behind enemy lines in Afghanistan.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

BassWrangler

« Reply #943 on: September 05, 2021, 04:58:14 pm »
Last night I watched the movie, "12 Strong", which is loosely based on the real life story of the first US Special Forces sent into Afghanistan after 9/11. It's a pretty good movie, recommended (although the unrealistic scenes of shooting from horseback were cringe-worthy).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0791T5DTV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_d_asin_title_o00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's especially poignant to hear them talk about eradicating the Taliban in light of current events.

Online libertybele

« Reply #944 on: September 05, 2021, 04:59:33 pm »
I'm not buying his story; only 100 left behind and they want to say while allies are being slaughtered??  Nope, I don't believe it.

WH chief of staff Klain says 'around' 100 Americans still in Afghanistan: 'Many of them want to stay'
Reports say Taliban are slaughtering Americans, allies

White House chief of staff Ron Klain said Sunday there are "around" one hundred U.S. citizens left in Afghanistan and that "many of them want to stay," despite reports that Taliban fighters have been carrying out violent reprisals on Americans and Afghan allies since the U.S. military completed its withdrawal last week.

Appearing on "State of the Union" with CNN’s Dana Bash, Klain said the U.S. government has been in close contact with the Americans still left in the country who have been located.

"We believe it’s around a hundred," he said. "We’re in touch with all of them, who we’ve identified, on a regular basis. Obviously, we’re hopeful that in the coming days that the Qataris will resume air service out of Kabul. And if they do, we’re obviously going to look to see if Americans can be on those flights.

"We are going to find ways to get them, the ones that want to leave, to get them out of Afghanistan," he added. "We know many of them have family members, many of them want to stay, but the ones that want to leave, we’re going to get them out."........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wh-chief-staff-klain-americans-afghanistan
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 05:00:53 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #945 on: September 05, 2021, 05:13:43 pm »
I'm not buying his story; only 100 left behind and they want to say while allies are being slaughtered??  Nope, I don't believe it.

WH chief of staff Klain says 'around' 100 Americans still in Afghanistan: 'Many of them want to stay'
Reports say Taliban are slaughtering Americans, allies

White House chief of staff Ron Klain said Sunday there are "around" one hundred U.S. citizens left in Afghanistan and that "many of them want to stay," despite reports that Taliban fighters have been carrying out violent reprisals on Americans and Afghan allies since the U.S. military completed its withdrawal last week.

Appearing on "State of the Union" with CNN’s Dana Bash, Klain said the U.S. government has been in close contact with the Americans still left in the country who have been located.

"We believe it’s around a hundred," he said. "We’re in touch with all of them, who we’ve identified, on a regular basis. Obviously, we’re hopeful that in the coming days that the Qataris will resume air service out of Kabul. And if they do, we’re obviously going to look to see if Americans can be on those flights.

"We are going to find ways to get them, the ones that want to leave, to get them out of Afghanistan," he added. "We know many of them have family members, many of them want to stay, but the ones that want to leave, we’re going to get them out."........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wh-chief-staff-klain-americans-afghanistan
Oh I'm sure that many want to stay, who wouldn't want to stay in a medieval culture were if you are a man you might be killed raped and chopped up or burned to death or hung from a helicopter. And if you are a woman , beaten and raped or raped and beaten, sold into marriage and then sold again and if you raise any objection you can look forward to being beaten to death. Just the sort of idyllic place to settle for retirement.

And suddenly we are down to 'around' a hundred Americans left in Afghanistan, wasn't it 'around' five hundred when Biden, Austin and Milley cut and ran like little girls confronted with a snake? Another few days and there won't have been any Americans left behind, I mean who's going to contradict Captain Dementia's Clown Posse, the Taliwhackers?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #946 on: September 05, 2021, 05:25:02 pm »
Klain lies every bit as much as everyone else in this worthless administration.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #947 on: September 05, 2021, 05:29:59 pm »
Klain lies every bit as much as everyone else in this worthless administration.

And as long as the freakin' MSM nods along in agreement the Sheeple will buy off on it.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #948 on: September 05, 2021, 06:17:55 pm »
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
·
4m
The fact that Gavin Newsom is calling the White House begging Biden to come campaign against his recall and not to save stranded Californians from Afghanistan is EXACTLY why Newsom needs to be recalled.
2 "YES" votes from this house...Newscum needs gone.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Right_in_Virginia