Author Topic: What discipline could you face for refusing the COVID vaccine when it becomes mandatory?  (Read 238 times)

rangerrebew

What discipline could you face for refusing the COVID vaccine when it becomes mandatory?
By Geoff Ziezulewicz and Diana Stancy Correll
 Aug 19, 03:41 PM

As the Navy and Marine Corps get ready to join the rest of the U.S. military in mandating COVID-19 vaccines potentially as soon as next month, the sea service’s top medical officer said Thursday that he doesn’t think those refusing the vaccines will need to be administratively disciplined or court-martialed for refusing the general order.

Speaking to reporters as part of a Defense Writers Group event, Navy Surgeon General Rear Adm. Bruce Gillingham said that more than 72 percent of sailors, and more than 50 percent of Marines, are already fully immunized.

For those still refusing the vaccine at this voluntary stage, Gillingham said he doesn’t expect the disciplinary hammer to come down.

“We’ll go back to counseling,” Gillingham said. “We’ll sit down with the individual, understand the source of resistance and address that.”

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2021/08/19/what-discipline-could-you-face-for-refusing-the-covid-vaccine-when-it-becomes-mandatory/

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Anthrax fiasco redux.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mountaineer

The Pfizer vaccine is now mandatory, because it's FDA-approved. Gee, I wonder how many in the administration have invested in Pfizer? You can bet someone will benefit - and it won't be our troops.
Secretary of Defense Austin Issues Guidance for Mandatory Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination of Department of Defense Service Members
Aug. 25, 2021

Today, Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III issued a memorandum for Mandatory Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination of Department of Defense Service Members.

The memo directs the Secretaries of the Military Departments to immediately begin full vaccination of all members of the Armed Forces under DoD authority on active duty or in the Ready Reserve, including the National Guard, who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

Mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 will only use COVID-19 vaccines that receive full licensure from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), in accordance with FDA-approved labeling and guidance. Service members voluntarily immunized with a COVID-19 vaccine under FDA Emergency Use Authorization or World Health Organization Emergency Use Listing in accordance with applicable dose requirements prior to, or after, the establishment of this policy are considered fully vaccinated. Service members who are actively participating in COVID-19 clinical trials are exempted from mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 until the trial is complete in order to avoid invalidating such clinical trial results.  ...
Department of Defense

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Pfizer is the one that isn't doing well in Israel.
Countdown to Resignation

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
As bad as it sounds, the military has the UCMJ.  Us civilians are fully exposed to the depredations of the COVID crowd.  "Soft lockdowns" are occurring in Blue States across the nation, as restaurants, sporting events and even grocery stores are being marked Off Limits for these recalcitrants trying to live their own lives as they see fit.

"If you don't vaccinate, then you will not be allowed to experience life" is how I think DeBlasio said it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

rangerrebew

If they really want everyone to vax, tell them they will have to listen to Tiny Tim sing Tiptoe Trough the Tulips for 24hrs straight if they don't.  I know it's worse than water bordering but you can't say they are being hurt. :silly:

Offline AARguy

Here in the FREE state of Texas we send our kids to school without masks. We don't wear masks ourselves unless we want to. We are free to shop, go out to eat, go to the beach and live a normal life. I understand people die of the China Virus... but I don't know any. People die of car accidents too. Many more US citizens will die in Afghanistan because they trusted Joe Biden... and masks wouldn't help them either.

Offline mountaineer

Ammoland
Refusing DOD Covid-19 Mandate Can Turn Military Personnel into ‘Prohibited Persons’
 Posted on August 26, 2021 by David Codrea

“To defend this Nation, we need a healthy and ready force,” Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin announced Tuesday. “After careful consultation with medical experts and military leadership, and with the support of the President, I have determined that mandatory vaccination against coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is necessary to protect the Force and defend the American people.”  ...

We’ve all read accounts, some credible, some more like clickbait, of reasons to doubt the safety of getting the shots. We’ve seen the government’s position change, we’ve seen demands for mandates, travel passes, and even, among those less inclined to mask their true natures, internment camps, among other concerns.

What happens if any of them say “No”?

Politico answers that question for us:
    “If they are tried and convicted in the appeals court, the case reaches the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces. If a service member is convicted in this court, they would likely receive a dishonorable discharge, a bad-conduct discharge, or, in the case of an officer, a dismissal.”

That’s one way to continue with the “purge” of the military and will continue to punish naysayers throughout their civilian careers that follow– but it also raises another issue that is more fundamental to freedom. Per ATF:
    “Identify Prohibited Persons The Gun Control Act (GCA), codified at 18 U.S.C. § 922(g), makes it unlawful for certain categories of persons to ship, transport, receive, or possess firearms or ammunition, to include any person … who has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;” ...
Full story

Offline mountaineer

Thomas Massie
@RepThomasMassie
Thousands of highly trained and patriotic sailors, soldiers, airmen, and marines will be leaving the military if President Biden insists on a vaccine mandate for them.
Many more will choose not to join or re-up because of this terribly misguided policy.
7:37 PM · Aug 29, 2021·

Jesse Kelly
@JesseKellyDC
Again, this is intentional. Every communist in history has purged the military of his political opponents. Our communists are no different. Mandate the vaccines and you’ll cut out much of your opposition without having to lift a finger.
7:52 AM · Aug 30, 2021·

Offline mountaineer

Military members speak out against vaccine mandates: 'I wanted to serve my country, now I am looking at a result in which I am lumped in with felons'
Paul Sacca
August 29, 2021
Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin issued a memo last week calling for the mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations of American troops. Austin ordered United States military leaders to "impose ambitious timelines for implementation."

More than 800,000 service members have yet to get their COVID-19 vaccines, according to Pentagon data.

In June, Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) introduced HR 3860, which would prohibit any mandatory requirement that a member of the Armed Forces receive a COVID-19 vaccination.   ...

One soldier, a six-year veteran of the Air National Guard as a front-line health care worker, said, "The science is ignored in favor of a vax everyone at all costs position. Superiors are aware of the fact that soldiers with prior exposure to COVID have a better immunity response than could be achieved with a vaccine, yet it simply does not matter."   ...

A major with 17 years of active service revealed that he contracted COVID-19 and recovered. The officer suffers from a heart condition, which is under control. Still a few years away from retirement, the major revealed, "Privately I've been told that I qualify for a medical exemption, but the pressure put on the medical staff is such that none of the doctors are willing to officially sign off." ...

Two of the service members say they have been threatened with a court-martial or a dishonorable discharge
The Blaze