Author Topic: New US Air Force secretary to shake up Advanced Battle Management Program  (Read 76 times)

rangerrebew

New US Air Force secretary to shake up Advanced Battle Management Program
By Valerie Insinna
 Thursday, Aug 19

WASHINGTON — The new U.S. Air Force secretary says he’s skeptical about current plans to build the service’s Advanced Battle Management System, signaling the program could be heading for an overhaul.

“I want to focus it more on specific operational return on investment,” Frank Kendall told Defense News in a Aug. 13 interview. “Where do we get the most improvement in performance operationally in the battlefield, for investments in that type of technology?”

“I don’t think we’ve thought thoroughly enough about where that type of technology can have the most impact and how to get there as quickly as we can,” he said. “I want to emphasize fielded, meaningful military capability, not just a demonstration that you show what cool thing you could do, but real capability in the hands of operators.”

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2021/08/19/new-us-air-force-secretary-to-shake-up-advanced-battle-management-program/