Author Topic: Who Are the Americans Stuck in Afghanistan?  (Read 72 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Who Are the Americans Stuck in Afghanistan?
« on: August 27, 2021, 04:06:42 pm »
Who Are the Americans Stuck in Afghanistan?

More time in Afghanistan, and more Afghans in our homeland, will not contribute to our national priorities.

By Christopher Roach
August 26, 2021

Having met a number of global traveler-types, I was surprised some years ago when I heard American citizenship described in very unromantic, mercantile terms. The most common expression was, “It’s a good passport to have.”

For blood and soil Americans, citizenship is something entirely different. After all, two-thirds of Americans do not even have a passport. Rather, this nation is who we are. It is mom, apple pie, Main Street, the English language, our ancestors, our only political loyalty, and our destiny. Unlike globe-trotting “citizens of the world,” we are not just passing through.

A similarly crass view of citizenship is the root of the “birth tourism” phenomenon. Foreigners, typically Chinese, though sometimes Russians or Brazilians, come here late in their pregnancies for the sole purpose of giving their kid an American passport. Because of birthright citizenship, the young person is automatically considered a citizen upon birth.

After recuperating and acquiring the necessary documentation, the families return to their home countries, new American in tow. Now the child can serve as the “anchor” for his relatives’ chain migration. He can easily travel to or do business in the United States. While he is in every other respect a foreigner, he now has the golden ticket.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/08/26/who-are-the-americans-stuck-in-afghanistan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Who Are the Americans Stuck in Afghanistan?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 08:06:02 pm »
We need to end birth in the USA as the qualification for citizenship, but that will never happen with Congress.  NEVER!!!

It is indeed a wonder our Constitution has existed as long as it has, but the time has come for a 2nd Continental Congress to update our Constitution.  What needs changing?

1.  Greater requirements to be POTUS than age attained 35 and born in the USA
2.  Term limits for all in Congress. 
3.  Only people born in USA can be elected to federal office.  Regardless of party, I do not want foreigners determining
     policy in the USA, i.e. Ilhan Omar
4.  Mandatory balanced budgets, with one exception, during times of declared war by Congress
5.  Citizenship to be bestowed on only those issued from USA citizens.  PERIOD!!!
6.  Expand rules for treason, with only one outcome, a ticket to hell

And I am sure others have issues they want addressed, but the above would greatly change the total incompetence of our government as it operates.

Also, end pensions for members of Congress.  Provide them with a 401k program with a dollar for dollar match up to 5 % like the rest of America!!!  Presently, they work five years and are entitled to a full salary pension with all the increases they vote for themselves through the years.  Return Congress to an organization that SERVES the American people.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 08:07:15 pm by jafo2010 »