Author Topic: California (Read Newsome) can't stop talking about Florida  (Read 258 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
California (Read Newsome) can't stop talking about Florida
« on: August 27, 2021, 12:24:59 pm »
By MACKENZIE MAYS

08/26/2021 02:29 PM EDT

SACRAMENTO — Florida is living rent-free in California's head.

Gov. Gavin Newsom can't stop talking about the Sunshine State as he campaigns to save his job. He's using Florida as the ultimate threat of what California could become if the complex recall process leads to Republican leadership in the deep blue state next month.

Meanwhile, Republican hopefuls have repeatedly evoked the East Coast alternative as something to aspire to, fighting to replace Newsom and his public health orders with someone more like mask-averse conservative Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

The latest state-on-state tensions show just how much power governors have amassed during the Covid-19 pandemic as they've set policies on masks, closures, schools and vaccines. DeSantis and Newsom have become party figureheads in their own right, the former a stand-in for open rules, the latter for strong mandates.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/26/california-cant-stop-talking-about-florida-506948
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: California (Read Newsome) can't stop talking about Florida
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 12:56:26 pm »
You keeping California from having a thriving economy like Florida?

Yeah, thats a winning argument!!!!   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 01:08:30 pm »
You keeping California from having a thriving economy like Florida?

Yeah, thats a winning argument!!!!   :silly:

He took his vision for San Fran state wide! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 08:46:46 pm »
Which appears better to you?

Gavin's California

Or DeSantis's Florida
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 09:26:29 pm »
Becoming more like Florida is a threat? :silly:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.