Author Topic: The incredible, untold story of 75th Ranger Regiment’s search and rescue of the ‘Lone Survivor’  (Read 534 times)

rangerrebew

The incredible, untold story of 75th Ranger Regiment’s search and rescue of the ‘Lone Survivor’

Jessica Manfre
Posted On August 24, 2021 07:36:28

In 2013, Lone Survivor hit the big screen with Mark Wahlberg at the helm, earning just over $158 million. The story of the daring rescue mission for the Navy SEAL and his team, however, remained untold — until now.

The 75th Ranger Regiment is America’s large-scale Special Operations Force (SOF) and is made up of the most elite soldiers in the world. Dr. Tony Brooks was one of them, but first, he was a college kid forever changed by the attacks on 9/11.

“I was actually on my way to the gym and was just getting warmed up and that’s when it was on the screen. I just saw this little speck flying down and had no clue what it was until they zoomed in. It was a person jumping from the towers,” he explained.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/veteran-pens-the-untold-story-of-75th-ranger-regiments-search-and-rescue-of-the-lone-survivor/