Author Topic: Biden’s empty words  (Read 64 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s empty words
« on: August 27, 2021, 11:30:00 am »
Powerline by Paul Mirengoff August 26, 2021

I didn’t watch Joe Biden’s statement about the attack on Americans and others at the Kabul airport. Less than a year into his presidency, I’ve reached the point where I can’t stand to watch the guy — this, even though his appearances have been sparse.

This report on Biden’s comments show them to be lame and stupid. Biden said:

We will not be deterred by terrorists. We will not let them stop our mission. We will continue the evacuation. We will rescue Americans, we will get our Afghan allies, and the mission will go on.

But the mission is, in essence, ignominious surrender. Are the perpetrators of the bombing supposed to be cowed or impressed that Biden won’t be deterred from turning Afghanistan over to terrorists?

“We will not be deterred” are fine words when America is on the march. They are pathetic words when America is in full retreat.

Biden also said to the perpetrators:

We will not forgive. We will not forget. We will hunt you down and make you pay.

How does Biden propose to hunt anyone down in Afghanistan? It was difficult enough to hunt down Osama bin Laden when we had a huge force in that country. Indeed, we never caught up with the 9/11 mastermind while he was in that country.

More: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/08/bidens-empty-words.php

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Biden’s empty words
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 12:16:09 pm »
There is nothing that POS could possibly say that I believe.

Even if he says he f__d up.

He has already said he bears all the responsibility then immediately blames someone else.

He is his own killing field.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington