Author Topic: Justice Stephen Breyer on his future with the Supreme Court: 'I don’t think I’m going to stay there  (Read 289 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Justice Stephen Breyer on his future with the Supreme Court: 'I don’t think I’m going to stay there till I die'

Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer does not think he will remain on the court up until his death.

"I don't think I'm going to stay there till I die — hope not," he said during an interview on Thursday, according to the New York Times.

Breyer, who was nominated by President Bill Clinton in 1994, is currently the oldest justice on nine-member Supreme Court. He is 83-years-old.

"There are many things that go into a retirement decision," he said, according to the Times.

Breyer recalled something that the late Justice Antonin Scalia had said to him: "He said, 'I don't want somebody appointed who will just reverse everything I've done for the last 25 years,'" Breyer said. "That will inevitably be in the psychology" of his choice, he noted.

Breyer is widely regarded as one of the three liberal justices currently sitting on the bench, along with Justices Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor who were both nominated by President Barack Obama.............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/supreme-court-justice-stephen-breyer-i-dont-think-im-going-to-stay-there-till-i-die
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.