Author Topic: ‘If I Were President’ — Navy SEAL Jocko Willink’s Afghanistan Video Goes Viral  (Read 93 times)

rangerrebew

YouTube.
‘If I Were President’ — Navy SEAL Jocko Willink’s Afghanistan Video Goes Viral
Entertainment   

By Mac Caltrider | August 25, 2021

In a new video, former Navy SEAL Lt. Cmdr. Jocko Willink delivers a speech as if he were the president of the United States briefing the public on the current situation in Afghanistan. In the mock presidential address, Willink accepts responsibility for the chaotic withdrawal and vows to take aggressive corrective action. Since Monday, Aug. 23, the three-and-a-half-minute video has been viewed almost 1.7 million times.

“I made some critical errors. Namely, I underestimated the strength of the Taliban and overestimated the strength and capability of the friendly Afghan forces. This was my fault,” he says.

Retired Navy SEAL Jocko Willink poses with a fan Oct. 28, 2019, at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. Photo by Sgt. Effie Mahugh, courtesy of DVIDS.

The video went viral as President Joe Biden faced criticism from global leaders for refusing to extend the American presence in Afghanistan beyond Aug. 31. The Taliban threatened “there would be consequences” if the United States were not gone by the end of the month.

https://coffeeordie.com/jocko-willink-afghanistan/