Author Topic: Attempts to rescue Christians being thwarted by State Dept...  (Read 979 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Attempts to rescue Christians being thwarted by State Dept...
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2021, 06:35:11 pm »
I view the church itself as a building and those within the building as the congregation.  I unfortunately have found that the congregations have become too politicized in one way or another and I prefer to keep my distance.

That's unfortunate.  I rely on my fellow congregants to hold me accountable.  I am sorry you have not had that experience.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2021, 06:39:45 pm »
Ditto, Hoodat. It is good for believers to meet together, encouraging one another.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2021, 06:44:03 pm »
Ditto, Hoodat. It is good for believers to meet together, encouraging one another.

Yes, I get that. I have found some members and clergy to be somewhat hypocritical and now unfortunately, health issues have prohibited me from attending for quite some time (I won't go into detail).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2021, 09:45:36 pm »
This all started when one person hopped on this thread to take a swipe at Beck's efforts and to accuse him of putting out propaganda. He didn't take a swipe at the State Department for their denial of safe evacuation to Christians in danger. Instead, he's put off by the title!

Though I agree with Beck on most things, I take serious issue with his religion. Nevertheless, I honor him for his deeds to save fellow humans who have a heart for the Lord and who are in grave danger. I'm stunned that someone can be so triggered by this. SMH.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online libertybele

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2021, 09:58:53 pm »
I posted this in another thread, but it has relevancy here:

Tweet

Glenn Beck
@glennbeck

The State Department says only a few hundred Americans are still trying to leave Afghanistan. I'm sorry, but that's a LIE. We have WAY more requests than that coming in from people begging us to help them escape.

This isn't the firs time Beck and his team along with other groups have gone in to rescue people.  This past mission was interrupted by the State Department. I don't know if he'll go back in, but if he does, I don't know how he'll get funding.  Certainly he can't make any announcements as the State Department will stop him in his tracks. 

I believe he owns his own broadcasting station, but I'm sure that there is a way to shut him down. FOX News and Tucker will also be gone and any other conservative talk show platform.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 10:03:59 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2021, 11:06:01 pm »
This all started when one person hopped on this thread to take a swipe at Beck's efforts and to accuse him of putting out propaganda. He didn't take a swipe at the State Department for their denial of safe evacuation to Christians in danger. Instead, he's put off by the title!

@AllThatJazzZ

Who was that?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!