Author Topic: Attempts to rescue Christians being thwarted by State Dept...  (Read 994 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: Attempts to rescue Christians being thwarted by State Dept...
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2021, 03:37:58 am »
@AllThatJazzZ

Bible Thumper.

@sneakypete

That explains nothing, but don't respond. Just put me on ignore because I'm also a "Bible thumper," and anything I'd have to say would be propaganda to you.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2021, 08:58:15 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

Bible Thumper.

Beck is saving Christians from being slaughtered. I don't understand the negativity here.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2021, 09:02:23 pm »
 I looked and Beck hasn't posted anything in nearly 2 days. Not a good sign. I thought he was supposed to be making it back to the States and back to broadcasting on his show Monday.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2021, 09:47:53 pm »
Beck is saving Christians from being slaughtered. I don't understand the negativity here.

@libertybele

Speaking for myself only,MY negativity is all the focus on CHRISTIAN Americans,just like "regular,unleaded Americans don't count.

And make no mistake about it,there are a LOT of Americans who are not Christians,never mind "devout". Most of the people I know put an arrow in the "Christian box" on any form that asks about religious preferences,but it's more of  a kneejerk thing that a statement on how devout they are.

Hell,I can claim to be an airplane if I want,but that doesn't mean I can flap my arms and fly.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2021, 09:54:29 pm »
@libertybele

Speaking for myself only,MY negativity is all the focus on CHRISTIAN Americans,just like "regular,unleaded Americans don't count.

And make no mistake about it,there are a LOT of Americans who are not Christians,never mind "devout". Most of the people I know put an arrow in the "Christian box" on any form that asks about religious preferences,but it's more of  a kneejerk thing that a statement on how devout they are.

Hell,I can claim to be an airplane if I want,but that doesn't mean I can flap my arms and fly.

You are free to believe anything you like @sneakypete but I don't get the incessant need to denigrate the beliefs of others. I find that completely unnecessary and unbecoming.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2021, 10:00:38 pm »
You are free to believe anything you like @sneakypete but I don't get the incessant need to denigrate the beliefs of others. I find that completely unnecessary and unbecoming.

@Bigun

Writing I don't agree or follow Christianity is denigrating it? I know at some times in our history you could be put in jail for not being a Christian,but I thought those days were long past.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2021, 10:04:03 pm »
@Bigun

Writing I don't agree or follow Christianity is denigrating it? I know at some times in our history you could be put in jail for not being a Christian,but I thought those days were long past.

@sneakypete

This is not my forum and I'm not a mod so I'll just leave it as it is.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2021, 10:05:47 pm »
@libertybele

@sneakypete these Christians aren't just Americans. Christians are beings slaughtered because of their beliefs; some have converted to Christianity.

Bottom line is he is over there himself trying to save lives and our State Dept. is blocking his efforts. He's not sitting back collecting money, but using the $$ to save lives.  He spent his own money to get over there. He is putting his life in peril to save lives; something tells me he's not exactly popular with our gov't. 

I commend his efforts and I pray that he makes it back and is successful in saving some lives who would have otherwise been slaughtered.

BTW as far as I know he has vetted these people -- this isn't the first time he has gone in an moved people to a safer country; but it is the first time that our own State Dept. is standing in his way.  I fear for his life.  They obviously don't want him to succeed.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2021, 10:33:50 pm »
1. It’s Glenn Beck’s and his donors’ $$.

2. Clearly, the State Department would or does discriminate against those Beck’s efforts would rescue.

3. As for the fate of those Christians were they not rescued, remember the fate of the Yazidi.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 10:35:46 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2021, 11:04:42 pm »
@sneakypete these Christians aren't just Americans. Christians are beings slaughtered because of their beliefs; some have converted to Christianity.

Bottom line is he is over there himself trying to save lives and our State Dept. is blocking his efforts. He's not sitting back collecting money, but using the $$ to save lives.  He spent his own money to get over there. He is putting his life in peril to save lives; something tells me he's not exactly popular with our gov't. 

I commend his efforts and I pray that he makes it back and is successful in saving some lives who would have otherwise been slaughtered.

BTW as far as I know he has vetted these people -- this isn't the first time he has gone in an moved people to a safer country; but it is the first time that our own State Dept. is standing in his way.  I fear for his life.  They obviously don't want him to succeed.

@libertybele

Like you, I'm concerned for Glenn, but I think he's probably alright. I'll be listening first thing in the morning for an update.

A word of advice re our fellow Briefer who is antagonistic toward believers: I think it's time we all shake the dust from our feet. He doesn't have ears to hear.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2021, 12:17:25 am »
For the record, are we bashing all Christians or only the fundamentalist ones?   I seem to recall the original slur was against "fundies".  As a present truth Christian (i.e. non-fundamentalist), I would like some clarity on which side of the aisle I fall here.  Thanks in advance.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2021, 12:26:11 am »
I’ve been watching Beck this morning. Heart wrenching.
May Almighty God Bless his efforts with further success. At least he is doing something.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2021, 12:32:47 am »
Jazz said:
"And one has nukes"

That one will be taken out by India when the time comes.
(it almost came already, several years' back...)
Yep. I recall that pissing contest over Kashmir...in 1974
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2021, 04:52:09 am »
Bottomline:  Anyone not muslim in Afghanistan will be executed in as painful a way as known by mankind.  And no one will come to their aid, report on their brutal murders, etc., etc.

What Beck is doing is heroic.  Putting his life on the line, contending with a government that is openly hostile to his efforts, and I am referencing the USA, to save the lives of non muslims.  I believe the last Jew was driven out of Afghanistan decades ago.  So, what is the mission of the USA?  I suspect they are doing a better job of bringing terrorists to the USA with blank visas being handed out in what sounds like unlimited quantities.  You think we have had attacks in the USA to date, just wait.

These communist b*st*rds in charge of our government do not like being made to look bad, so Beck best get in and out ASAP, otherwise our government will take him out.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2021, 05:54:18 am »

@libertybele

Sadly,I don't think there is any question that we now have an anti-American/anti-freedom government that is composed of globalists.

Christianity is just one of their enemies. The NRA,as ineffective as it is these days,is another. They hate anyone who doesn't wear red and march in a globalist straight line.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2021, 05:58:06 am »
@libertybele

Like you, I'm concerned for Glenn, but I think he's probably alright. I'll be listening first thing in the morning for an update.

A word of advice re our fellow Briefer who is antagonistic toward believers: I think it's time we all shake the dust from our feet. He doesn't have ears to hear.

@AllThatJazzZ

In other words my opinions don't matter because I am not a member of your religious cult.

And the difference between you and the Taliban when it comes to individual beliefs are.........?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2021, 06:08:46 am »
For the record, are we bashing all Christians or only the fundamentalist ones?   I seem to recall the original slur was against "fundies".  As a present truth Christian (i.e. non-fundamentalist), I would like some clarity on which side of the aisle I fall here.  Thanks in advance.

@Hoodat

I can't speak for anyone else,but I thought I was clear about my focus on fundies.

BTW,fundies come in all flavors. I used to mark the religious preferences on my records in the army as being "non-denominational",and when I went to check into the 7th SFG after leaving VN,the Chaplin's Office was one place you had to check into before your paperwork was complete. The Chaplin was a devout Catholic,and just wouldn't accept I had NO religious preferences. He pushed to the point where I told him to put down Protestant because my family were Protestants,and he said "Oh,you mean Heathen"?.

So I said "Yes,I am a Heathen. Put it down." This led to a big argument. The Army flat would NOT accept "Heathen" as a religious preference,despite me being tagged as a Heathen by that Chaplin/Colonel.

So I had some custom dog tags made that identified my religious preferences as "Heathen",although I was  on record against my will as being a Protestant.

I think my telling him I wanted neekid dancing girls at my funeral service was a step too far for him. At any rate,by the time the dust was settled,I never had to deal with him again.

I DO remember our Catholic Chaplin on Okinawa was bounced out of the army for humping the wives and widows of our guys going TDY to VN. All done while providing "spiritual counseling" to them,of course.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2021, 06:16:34 am »
Bottomline:  Anyone not muslim in Afghanistan will be executed in as painful a way as known by mankind.  And no one will come to their aid, report on their brutal murders, etc., etc.

What Beck is doing is heroic.  Putting his life on the line, contending with a government that is openly hostile to his efforts, and I am referencing the USA, to save the lives of non muslims. I believe the last Jew was driven out of Afghanistan decades ago.  So, what is the mission of the USA?  I suspect they are doing a better job of bringing terrorists to the USA with blank visas being handed out in what sounds like unlimited quantities.  You think we have had attacks in the USA to date, just wait.

@jafo2010

I think "fled for their lives and the lives of their families" is a better description,if you are talking about local Jews. I am positive there were some GI Jews serving there over the years,though.

Not that Christian or any other religious denomination were treated any differently by Muslim governments.

Islam is a danger to all people everywhere,not just Christians or Jews.

These communist b*st*rds in charge of our government do not like being made to look bad, so Beck best get in and out ASAP, otherwise our government will take him out.

I dunno about that,but I do suspect if he is arrested by an Islamic government he will be lucky if he is not executed for his religious beliefs.

And I fully expect the Biden administration to do not one single REAL thing to get him released. Oh,they might pose as being concerned,and play that "we are in talks with the Afghan government about securing his release" game,but it won't be real.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2021, 01:09:59 pm »
FYI, Beck is back in studio this morning.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2021, 01:47:53 pm »
@Hoodat

I can't speak for anyone else,but I thought I was clear about my focus on fundies.

BTW,fundies come in all flavors. I used to mark the religious preferences on my records in the army as being "non-denominational",and when I went to check into the 7th SFG after leaving VN,the Chaplin's Office was one place you had to check into before your paperwork was complete. The Chaplin was a devout Catholic,and just wouldn't accept I had NO religious preferences. He pushed to the point where I told him to put down Protestant because my family were Protestants,and he said "Oh,you mean Heathen"?.

@sneakypete , I am sorry for your experience.  As Christians, we are all witnesses for Christ.  Some are good witnesses.  Some are bad witnesses.  This encounter certainly was not a demonstration of the love Christ has for you regardless of your feeling towards Him.

I realize that your usage of the term 'fundie' is purely derogatory.  But the term 'fundamentalist' holds a specific meaning as it relates to scripture.  There was nothing at all 'scriptural' in your encounter.  Thus, fundamentalism played no role.

Hope that helps.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2021, 02:16:36 pm »

@sneakypete , I am sorry for your experience.  As Christians, we are all witnesses for Christ.  Some are good witnesses.  Some are bad witnesses.  This encounter certainly was not a demonstration of the love Christ has for you regardless of your feeling towards Him.

I realize that your usage of the term 'fundie' is purely derogatory.  But the term 'fundamentalist' holds a specific meaning as it relates to scripture.  There was nothing at all 'scriptural' in your encounter.  Thus, fundamentalism played no role.

Hope that helps.

@Hoodat

I have no personal problems with anything that passes for a religion,with the exception of Islam,which is more of a political group than a religion.

I do have huge problems with many people that pass themselves off as being religious,or religious leaders,though.

I despise hypocrits.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2021, 06:03:31 pm »
FYI, Beck is back in studio this morning.

I was relieved to hear him on the air.   happy77

Offline libertybele

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2021, 06:17:39 pm »
@sneakypete I was baptized Roman Catholic and confirmed in the Catholic church.  I was not allowed to be married in the Catholic Church as my husband was divorced and it would cause him to denounce his child from that marriage. We married in a cathedral that consisted of several denominations.

I went through classes and was confirmed in the Episcopal Catholic Church and my children were baptized Episcopal.  My children studied the Episcopal religion, attended Lutheran and Roman Catholic schools, so they are pretty well versed in several different religions.

My husband and I have attended non-denominational churches (evangelical) and I was not impressed.

I judge no one for their beliefs.  I believe in one God, I believe he was crucified for the forgiveness of our sins and I believe he will come again to judge both the living and the dead.  I believe in the Catholic church and the apostolic succession.  Though I don't attend Church; church is a building, my faith/Christianity is derived from studying religion and the Holy Bible. My Catholic upbringing is my core belief for the most part, but there are various different issues that I don't agree with especially because of so many changes that have been made over the years.

So when someone tries to rescue Christians (regardless of type, that I haven't truly paid attention to) I commend them.  When I hear that those rescues have been circumvented by our own State Dept., it is deeply concerning.   Fundies, evangelicals, Jews,  Protestants, Catholics, Mormons, First Day Adventists, Baptists, etc., to me are Christian  - they have a religious belief and those left behind will be slaughtered by Islamic terrorists.

I'm not trying to turn this into a religious thread, but the point is that OUR State Dept. intervened and not in a good way! Peace.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 06:25:45 pm by libertybele »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2021, 06:20:40 pm »
A church by definition is a congregation of sinners.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2021, 06:28:19 pm »
A church by definition is a congregation of sinners.

I view the church itself as a building and those within the building as the congregation.  I unfortunately have found that the congregations have become too politicized in one way or another and I prefer to keep my distance.