Author Topic: Pritzker Warns of ‘Significantly Greater Mitigations' If COVID Metrics Don't Decline  (Read 600 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Pritzker Warns of ‘Significantly Greater Mitigations' If COVID Metrics Don't Decline
Published August 24, 2021   • Updated 2 hours ago   

Gov. J.B. Pritzker warned Tuesday that if Illinois' COVID metrics don't decline, "significantly greater mitigations" could be imposed in the state.

"We're consistently looking at the menu of options that we may need to impose in order to bring down the numbers," Pritzker said during a press conference. "I will remind you that if we are not able to bring these numbers down, if hospitals continue to fill, if the hospital beds and ICUs get full like they are in Kentucky -that's just next door to Illinois - if that happens, we're going to have to impose significantly greater mitigations."

As of Tuesday, 37 Illinois counties and Chicago were at a "warning level" for intensive care unit bed availability, according to data from the state health department.

For a county to reach "warning level," it must have below 20% ICU bed capacity, the Illinois Department of Public Health reported.

All counties in Illinois, except one, are also seeing "high" community transmission of COVID-19, placing the most of the state in the category in which everyone over the age of 2 should resume wearing a mask indoors, regardless of vaccination status, health officials say.

more
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coronavirus/pritzker-warns-of-significantly-greater-mitigations-if-covid-metrics-dont-decline/2597381/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

More fascism in the guise of "for your benefit."

Offline EdinVA

The open border is working as planned...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
More fascism in the guise of "for your benefit."

I think there is an applicable quote from T.S. Elliot somewhere....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

I think there is an applicable quote from T.S. Elliot somewhere....

Or from the original Nazis: Für Ihre Sicherheit

Offline rustynail

Call in the refrigerated trucks!

Offline PeteS in CA

Looking at the graphs here, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/illinois/ , both daily new cases and deaths are declining. What now, Putzker?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I for one, sure don't want him to put the boot on me?   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You can't stack shit "wider" that Jelly Belly Prickster
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

"We're consistently looking at the menu of options  ..."
In his case, it's the dessert menu. You can't go wrong with cheesecake, big guy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In his case, it's the dessert menu. You can't go wrong with cheesecake, big guy.

He looks more like a Pecan Pie sort of guy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He looks more like a Pecan Pie sort of guy.

Pumpkin.  He's from Il.  You are what you eat.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Cheesecake is always fabulous!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.