Author Topic: No one is transgender, Virginia bishop says: ‘A truth reflected in every cell of the body’  (Read 192 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"No one" is transgender, Virginia bishop says: ‘A truth reflected in every cell of the body’
Washington Times,  Aug 24, 2021

A Washington-area Catholic bishop has issued a letter rebutting the transgender movement root and branch, calling gender reassignment “wrong and harmful” and saying everyone is male or female as seen in that person’s body.

“The Church teaches that a person is created male or female,” Bishop Michael F. Burbidge of Arlington wrote. “No one ‘is’ transgender.”

The document titled “A Catechesis on the Human Person and Gender Ideology” notes that public schools “aggressively promote” what the bishop called “a false understanding of the human person in their advocacy of gender ideology.”

"Parents with children in public school must … be even more vigilant and vocal against this false and harmful ideology,” Bishop Burbidge wrote.

The bishop noted that, similar to its teaching about homosexuality, the Catholic Church does not condemn feelings or inclinations, whether same-sex attraction or gender dysphoria.

But “at the same time,” he wrote, “a person who deliberately rejects his or her given identity or the sexed body and seeks harmful medical or surgical interventions is pursuing a path that is objectively wrong and harmful on many levels.”

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/aug/24/michael-f-burbidge-arlington-bishop-no-one-transge/

« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 06:39:52 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The non-Catholic woke Pope won't stand for that. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

But he is still right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

My first thought, too ... and I'm Catholic.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

- George Orwell

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
As I see it: we're all "nonbinary." Our bodies, our flesh and blood, is what makes us man or woman. Our soul is, and always was, gender-neutral. Soul is an "it."

So if a person is convinced their body is the wrong gender despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, and no evidence of there being a right inherent "gender identity," they are deluded. We get wrapped up in this whole idea of identity too much, anyway.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024