Author Topic: California Admits Wind & Solar Aren’t Reliable – Commissions Five New NatGas Plants  (Read 409 times)

rangerrebew

California Admits Wind & Solar Aren’t Reliable – Commissions Five New NatGas Plants
By
Anthony Watts -
August 21, 2021 5

Natural Gas-Fired, Combined-Cycle Power Plant equipped with emissions control technology; Wind Turbines visible in the background; East San Francisco Bay Area, California Licensed from 123rf.com

In a surprise about-face in California’s love affair with the climate change darlings of wind and solar energy, it was announced on Friday 8/13 that California’s Department of Water Resources is now in the process of designing, financing, and building five new 30-megawatt natural gas power plants. According to recent news reports, these go “counter” to the state plan of decarbonizing the electricity grid to reduce emissions.

As reported in the Fresno Bee, CA Assembly member Jim Patterson broke the news:

The decision to install the five plants has been a result of flawed policies by decision-makers, he said.

“California has been forced to do this because we now have growing demand on a grid that has flattening supplies and that has caused these Flex Alerts,” he said.

“Our grid is destabilized because of political decisions.”

https://climaterealism.com/2021/08/california-admits-wind-solar-arent-reliable-commissions-five-new-natgas-plants/

rangerrebew

It seems to me 5 desalination plants might be of more immediate use. :pondering:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
California Admits Wind & Solar Aren’t Reliable – Commissions Five New NatGas Plants

Uh.... 

Didn't they commit to Carbon Nuetral or Zero by 2035?  Tell the guys Natural Gas atoms have one Carbon atom on it
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
It seems to me 5 desalination plants might be of more immediate use. :pondering:

Totally agree.  They need to be building the hell out of them.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Joe Wooten

I wonder if they will rescind the deal to shut down Diablo Canyon this fall.....

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Nuclear Power is clean but I guess clean isn't the real objective. Control is the real objective.
Countdown to Resignation