Author Topic: Social Security reports nearly 400,000 more beneficiary deaths in 2020 than 2019  (Read 360 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What the article doesnt say or discuss is what effect does almost a half a million more people than normal  dropping off of the SS roles have on the solvency of the program. The trend will continue for 2021.  As Dead Fish Rahmbo's brother said “old people have a duty to die”?
------
Last week, for the first time, the Social Security Administration (SSA) released information on the number of beneficiaries who died in 2020, the year the COVID-19 pandemic began. There were nearly 400,000 more beneficiary deaths in 2020 than the agency tabulated for 2019, representing a 17 percent year-over-year increase.

Double-digit percentage increases, year-over-year, were found for all beneficiary groups including retirees, spouses, widows, and the disabled.

SSA’s statistics almost certainly reflect the concentration of COVID-19 deaths among the populations the agency serves. The CDC's death data, which includes all individuals and not just Social Security beneficiaries, indicates about 500,000 more deaths occurred in the United States in 2020 than in 2019. The CDC estimates that approximately 375,000 deaths in 2020 were due to COVID-19

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/569093-social-security-reports-nearly-400000-more-beneficiary-deaths-in-2020-than
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What the article doesnt say or discuss is what effect does almost a half a million more people than normal  dropping off of the SS roles have on the solvency of the program. The trend will continue for 2021.  As Dead Fish Rahmbo's brother said “old people have a duty to die”?

don't worry, Biden is importing more payers into SS fron Central America and now Afghanistan.

In his mind, SS will soon enjoy a surplus once again.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
don't worry, Biden is importing more payers into SS fron Central America and now Afghanistan.

Well, there is that!  lol
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Just part of the democrats plan to answer that solvency question about SS and overpopulations affect on global warming.

Offline libertybele

In Joe's mind?  I think it's fairly empty.  Not making fun of the situation as dementia/Alzheimer's is a terrible disease, but I'm being truthful.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Fauci, the modern day Dr Mengele, has not accomplished anywhere near his plans to eliminate the senior population.

Get real folks, this is a designed bug to target one group, seniors and the infirm/disabled.  Hitler would be impressed with what Fauci and his commie friends have accomplished.

China also has an aging population and you better believe they want to thin the herd. 

The 400,000 additional SSI departees and probably another 300,000 from this year is not nearly enough to put a blip on the solvency of Social Security.

But I remind all of you that Bob Dole made it blatantly clear, that the monstrous tax increases of 1984 solved the problem of Social Security and Medicare.  Hell, he ran for POTUS on almost that plank alone. 

Since the average refugee who has never paid a single dime in taxes into our system receives more money than the average SSI recipient, I vote to end all refugees entering the USA and use that money to solidify Social Security and Medicare.  For once, demand that these self serving pr*cks in Washington represent the American people.

Obama/Biden took $500 per month out of my pocket with their changes to the SSI program.  Stinking rat &^%$s!!!

Offline Hoodat

What the article doesnt say or discuss is what effect does almost a half a million more people than normal  dropping off of the SS roles have on the solvency of the program.

No ponzi scheme is solvent.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No ponzi scheme is solvent.
Absolutely.

There is always a point in time when someone will come up short.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington