Author Topic: IPCC proposed banishment of fossil fuels would place most of the world’s population at risk  (Read 229 times)

rangerrebew

IPCC proposed banishment of fossil fuels would place most of the world’s population at risk
By Ronald Stein |August 19th, 2021|Energy|79 Comments

The AR6 Climate Change 2021Report just released by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), an intergovernmental body of the United Nations, has called out a “code red for humanity“ that “must sound a death knell for…fossil fuels, before they destroy our planet.”

The report from the IPCC has failed to acknowledge that the introduction of oil just over 100 years ago has been overwhelmingly beneficial for the prosperity of the world’s population growth to 8 billion from about 1 billion that is shown clearly in their own United Nations graph. The IPCC goal to banish fossil fuels will place most of the world’s population at risk, like the medieval times.

The members of the IPCC seem oblivious to the facts of how life was without the fossil fuels industry just 120 years ago when we had NO medications and medical equipment, NO vaccines, the same vaccines that need refrigeration, and refrigeration needs electricity, especially in the hospital sector where redundant generation capacity is a mandate. NO water filtration systems, NO sanitation systems. NO fertilizers to help feed billions, NO pesticides to control locusts and other pests. NO communications systems, including cell phones, computers, and I Pads, NO vehicles, NO airlines that now move 4 billion people around the world, NO cruise ships that now move 25 million passengers around the world, NO merchant ships that are now moving billions of dollars of products monthly throughout the world, NO tires for vehicles, and NO asphalt for roads, NO militaries, and NO space program.

https://www.cfact.org/2021/08/19/ipcc-proposed-banishment-of-fossil-fuels-would-place-most-of-the-worlds-population-at-risk/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If by 'at risk' they mean dead, then I agree.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Joe Wooten

Their guru Amory Lovins has stated for over 40 years he wants 95% of humanity dead.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Their guru Amory Lovins has stated for over 40 years he wants 95% of humanity dead.
Well he and his adherents are obviously not committed to their beliefs, you can tell because they haven't killed themselves for the good of Gaia.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How about we ban the IPCC instead?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Joe Wooten

Well he and his adherents are obviously not committed to their beliefs, you can tell because they haven't killed themselves for the good of Gaia.

NO, their beliefs is that they, the elite enlightened, will survive the great die-off in order to rule over the few peasants left alive.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
NO, their beliefs is that they, the elite enlightened, will survive the great die-off in order to rule over the few peasants left alive.
Obviously not SciFi fans or they would realize in an apocalyptic world they would be the first ones killed.

Offline Joe Wooten

Obviously not SciFi fans or they would realize in an apocalyptic world they would be the first ones killed.

THat's why they are so desperate to disarm us.