Author Topic: Biden on Afghanistan fact-checked  (Read 234 times)

Online libertybele

Biden on Afghanistan fact-checked
« on: August 21, 2021, 11:06:28 pm »
Biden on Afghanistan fact-checked

President Joe Biden has made a series of assertions about US policy in Afghanistan and the reasons behind his decision to withdraw forces from the country.

BBC News has fact-checked some of his claims, comparing them with his earlier statements on Afghanistan and the situation on the ground.'
'We trained and equipped an Afghan military force of some 300,000 strong'

This figure is contested and considered by many experts to be a substantial overestimate............

.................'Are we going to continue to lose thousands of Americans to injury and death to try to unite that country?'

The last recorded American combat deaths in Afghanistan were in February 2020.

Since 2015, there have been 94 US deaths of military personnel in Afghanistan, according to the US Department of Defense.

Overall, since US forces invaded Afghanistan in October 2001, a total of 1,897 US military personnel have been killed in action in Afghanistan and another 415 have died from non-hostile causes, according to the US official monitoring body, Sigar.............

...............'Our mission in Afghanistan was never supposed to have been nation building'

In his television address on Monday evening, President Biden stressed the purpose behind the US intervention in Afghanistan had "always been preventing a terrorist attack on American homeland" and "never supposed to be creating a unified centralised democracy".

This clearly contradicts his previous positions on the US objective in Afghanistan.....................

.................'Afghanistan's political leaders gave up and fled the country'

President Ashraf Ghani left the country with his aides, ahead of the Taliban advance into Kabul, despite having vowed several times to remain.

But other political leaders have remained and made public statements about doing so...............

..............'The Afghan military collapsed, sometimes without trying to fight'

It's true that the collapse of Afghan forces in the final few weeks of the conflict was dramatic.

However, this has to be seen in the context of the rapid, largely uncoordinated departure of international forces from the country.............

https://www.bbc.com/news/58243158
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Biden on Afghanistan fact-checked
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 12:29:15 am »
I don't think WaPo has claimed even a single Pinocchio from Biden since the fall started last Saturday.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 12:52:22 am »
I don't think WaPo has claimed even a single Pinocchio from Biden since the fall started last Saturday.

The Washington Post announced earlier that they would stop fact-checking Biden after his 100th day in office.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 04:03:50 am »
I hope I am wrong, but it is entirely possible that this FUBAR "withdrawal" will claim more American lives directly than those killed outright in operations there in the last seven years.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2021, 04:55:56 am »
Can someone tell me why 15,000 American civilians are in Afghanistan?  Biden is responsible for EVERY AMERICAN DEATH moving forward.  He should be indicted, convicted and dispatched.  He has no business being POTUS.  And his cackling sidekick is not fit to be dogcatcher, let alone VP.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2021, 12:23:27 pm »
The Washington Post announced earlier that they would stop fact-checking Biden after his 100th day in office.

Staffing shortage.  They can't keep up with Biden's lies.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2021, 02:01:14 pm »
Fact-checking LIEden on Afghanistan? As Instapundit Glenn Reynolds would say, "You're going to need a bigger blog!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.