Author Topic: Cotton: Dems Want Afghanistan ‘Off the Front Pages’ So They Can Discuss Budget Plan  (Read 142 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cotton: Dems Want Afghanistan ‘Off the Front Pages’ So They Can Discuss Budget Plan

Ian Hanchett 23 Aug 2021

On Monday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends,” Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) commented on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) calling the House back to vote on their budget plan by saying Democrats want the problems in Afghanistan “to go away. They want it off the front pages so they can talk about their reckless spending plan.”

Cotton stated, “Frankly, with Nancy Pelosi calling the House back today to vote on their three-and-a-half-trillion-dollar budget, I also think they just want this problem to go away. They want it off the front pages so they can talk about their reckless spending plan. But that means that we’re at risk of leaving thousands of Americans behind Taliban lines. Because if we’re going to be out by August 31, which is just a week from tomorrow, that means that the military is going to have to start rolling up shop and heading out before then, and we’re going to leave our countrymen behind.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/08/23/cotton-dems-want-afghanistan-off-the-front-pages-so-they-can-discuss-budget-plan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Hello capt obvious. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

They will leave soon and Americans left will never be seen again or reported upon unless the taliban uses them as hostage trades for those remaining in Gitmo.

Likely, Biden has already concluded they will, and already will be emptying Gitmo soon.

He does not want videos of Americans being tortured out there.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 02:09:07 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bilo

They will leave soon and Americans left will never be seen again or reported upon unless the taliban uses them as hostage trades for those remaining in Gitmo.

Likely, Biden has already concluded they will, and already will be emptying Gitmo soon.

He does not want videos of Americans being tortured out there.

All true.

The long term implications for the USA in world affairs are devastating. We already see that the Germans, French and British are looking to Russia to help with getting their people out. Our allies who look to us as a key element in their defense have to be rethinking that position. Our own security, especially with an open border, has been put at greater risk.

It's not surprising they want to change the subject. I'm sure in a couple weeks the media will help them with that.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home